Copper cookware has always been one of the most sought after cookware style thanks to its extremely aesthetic and rustic appearance that never goes out of style. But, its looks aren’t the only reason why it is so popular with home cooks.
I have over 10 years of professional experience cooking, critiquing, and understanding the different types and brands of cookware in the market. With more than 50 hours of thorough research, I have tested numerous copper pans that can cook just as beautifully. I also have 2 decades of experience reviewing kitchenware of all types to find the right selection for you.
We previously listed for you the best ceramic cookware and the best non toxic cookware sets but for this article we have tested the best copper cookware available in the market that will aid your cooking exponentially. Keep on reading!
Best Copper Cookware Sets Top Picks
- 1. Editor's Pick - Made In Copper Set
- 2. Best Stainless Steel - Lagostina Martellata Copper Cookware
- 3. Best Budget - Gothan Steel Cookware (20 PC)
- 4. Best Induction Ready - COOKSMARK Copper Cookware (10 PC)
- 5. Best Easiest to Cook with - Cuisinart CTTP-8 Copper Cookware
Jump to Section
List of 7 Top Rated Copper Cookware 2022
1. Made In Copper Set
Editor’s Pick for the Best Copper Cookware
This stunning Made In copper cookware set is our top choice for this list thanks to its superior appearance and extremely impressive conductivity that matches with only those pots and pans found in the best restaurants.
It comes with Made In’s signature features such as the stay-cool handles, superb stainless steel interior cooking surface, and a user-friendly ergonomic design for easy maneuvering and handling.
Its superior heat conductivity is due to its composition of 90% premium copper and 10% stainless steel. It is also extremely versatile and can cook almost all recipes including stocks, risottos, pastas, etc. This set includes a 1.9 QT saucepan with lid, a 5.2 QT rondeau with its lid, and a 5.2 QT saucier with lid.
- These outstanding copper pots are built with a 90% copper core making it the most copper cookware sets in the market as they deliver outstanding heat conductivity.
- This copper exterior set includes all the copper pots and pans that you may require for the simplest and the most complex recipes.
- It is entirely made in France.
- This French cookware brand set is lined with stainless steel interior for easy clean-up.
- This copper core set is oven safe up to 800*F.
- This copper cookware is not compatible with induction cooktops.
- It is not dishwasher safe and will require hand washing.
- It will easily scratch if you use abrasive materials or harsh brushed to clean or cook with in it.
- It is quite expensive.
2. Lagostina Martellata Copper Cookware
Best Stainless Steel Copper Cookware Set
On the hunt for the best stainless steel interior copper cookware? We recommend this Lagostina Martellata cookware set! It gives the gleam of pure stainless steel and is a fully hammered copper cookware.
Its tri-ply construction feature a premium aluminum core clad between the layers of stainless steel which helps with even heat distribution and cooking throughout the entire copper pan. The hammered copper exterior leaves behind a stunning finish for all to feast their eyes on.
Its cast stainless steel handles are also fully cast and riveted to add resilience, sturdiness, and stability over years of use. This copper cookware also features flared edges for easy, drip-less pouring.
- This is a copper exterior stainless steel cookware set that offers excellent heat distribution thanks to the aluminum core clad between the layers of stainless steel.
- Its hammered copper exterior creates a stunning appearance that looks brilliant while cooking or on your kitchen cabinets,
- The stainless steel handles are fully cast and provide excellent stability when pouring out your food.
- It comes with stainless steel lids.
- The flared edges of these copper pots ensure a drip-less pouring.
- Some users have complained that it changes color to a dull gold if exposed to very high heat.
- As we tested it in our labs, we noticed that this hammered copper cookware had scratches in the bottom
- Without sufficient grease in your copper cookware, the food may begin to stick to the surface.
3. Gotham Steel Cookware (20 PC)
Best Budget-Friendly Copper Cookware
If you want to enjoy all the benefits of the best copper cookware sets in the market without breaking the bank, then this Gotham Steel cookware set is just the right pick for you. It comes packed with the most copper cookware as well as numerous bakeware items, completing your entire kitchenware selection. It also allows you to cook all kinds of recipes and cuisines as it comes with all sizes of pots and pans needed for cooking versatile foods.
Enjoy the full copper exterior cookware set with frying pans, stock pots, skillets, saucepans with tempered glass lids, casserole pan for deep frying, steamer tray, fry basket, and baking set with a cookie sheet, loaf pan, square pan, muffin tin, and a jelly roll pan. All of this under an extremely affordable price tag is perfect for those on a budget.
This copper cookware is also PFOA, PFOS, lead, and cadmium free and you even use metal utensils while cooking in it without fearing scratches. Additionally, it is also dishwasher safe!
- This copper cookware is extremely budget-friendly and comes packed with all kinds of cookware and bakeware for your convenience.
- The nonstick cookware surface is coated thrice and reinforced with diamonds aid with food release.
- It require little to no oil or butter, making it a healthier option compared to its competitors.
- It is completely PFOA, PFOS, lead, and cadmium free.
- It is dishwasher safe.
- This copper cookware can also be used with metal utensils without fear of scratching the bottoms.
- OIt is also oven safe up to 500*F and is compatible with all stovetops.
- Many have complained that despite advertising it as nonstick, food items can easily stick to the bottom.
- It can be hard to clean if burnt food is stuck to its surface.
- Extreme high heat may cause the lids to shatter.
4. COOKSMARK Copper Cookware (10 PC)
Best Induction Cooktop Copper Cookware
If you own induction cooktops, then you will require copper pots and pans that contain ferrous metals. This COOKSMARK set is the best copper cookware set for induction stoves. It is also sturdier than ordinary aluminum cookware and it provides better heat retention on induction cooktops.
It is 100% free of PTFE, PFOA, and cadmium, making it a healthier choice of cookware. The cookware features spiral bottom that can be used on induction stoves as well as gas, electric, or halogen stovetops.
It is dishwasher safe and oven safe up to 450*F and these pots and pans also come with tempered glass lids.
- This copper cookware is induction ready and ensured even heat distribution better than aluminum cookers.
- It is PFOA, PTFE, and cadmium free.
- These copper pots and pans are dishwasher safe.
- They are oven safe up to 450*F
- Cooking in this copper cookware set is healthier as it require little to no grease to cook food.
- Some types of food may still stick to the bottom when cooked on high heat.
- This cookware set cannot be used with metal utensils as they will scratch the nonstick surface.
- Its handles can get quite hot when cooking.
5. Cuisinart CTTP-8 Copper Cookware
Best Copper Cookware that is Easiest to Cook With
If you are new to cooking and like the look of copper cookware, then we recommend starting with this spectacular Cuisineart copper cookware set that is incredibly easy to cook with and handle. It offers quick and superior heating so you don’t have to wait long to cook your food at the perfect temperature.
Its heat surround technology ensures even heat distribution to the ingredients even along the sides of the pans to keep away any cool spots or uncooked patches. Additionally, it features tight fitting covers help retain the moisture and nutrients in your food, giving delicious and flavorful results. After we carefully tested it, we noted that this copper cookware is also broiler and oven safe.
- This copper cookware features all the necessary cookware items that are perfect for those who are just starting cooking, making this the easiest cookware set to cook with.
- This quality copper cookware features a triple ply construction with an aluminum bond between its stainless interior to eliminate cold spots and half-cooked food.
- It also comes with a heat surround technology which evenly distributes heat around the surface and even the sides.
- The stay-cool handles are stainless steel and remain cool even during the cooking process.
- It is oven safe.
- Some users have pointed that it may require constant polishing to keep its copper exterior shining.
- This cookware set is not dishwasher safe.
6. Copper Chef Cookware Set (9 PC)
Best Ceramic Coated Copper Cookware
The copper chef ceramic coated cookware is perfect for those looking for the healthiest cooking pieces available in the market. Thanks to its copper mineral base, it is 100% PTFE, PFOA free which makes it a terrific choice for even health conscious individuals.
This copper cookware is designed with Advanced Cerami-Tech nonstick coating that helps your food slip right off the pan and on to the plate. The stainless steel induction plate built directly into the pots distributes heat quickly and evenly. This cookware is also heat resistant up to 850*F.
It is also compatible with all stove types!
- This sleek copper cookware is a ceramic coated set that is 100% PTFE and PFOA free, meaning that it eliminates the risk of inhaling harmful fumes.
- It is compatible with all stove types.
- This cookware set features an Advanced Cerami-Tech nonstick coating which helps dish your food out quickly.
- With a heat resistance of up to 850*F, this cookware set can be used to cook over very high heat as well.
- This cookware set is not dishwasher safe and will require washing by hand.
- We tested this cookware set on high heat and discovered that you will need to use potholders when lifting the pots and pans as the handles can get quite hot.
- Some users have complained that the thin bottom surface warps easily on extremely high heat
7. Ciwete Copper Tri-ply Cookware (10 PC)
Best Versatile Copper Cookware Set
If you are looking for versatility when purchasing copper cookware, then this Ciwete tri-ply set is your number one choice. It comes with an impressive collection of pots and pans that can be used to cook a variety of meals and recipes that are sure to impress.
Its tri-ply clad construction features three layers of stainless steel that are encapsulated with aluminum core that ensures the copper cookware thickness and weight while also distributing even heat throughout eliminating uncooked patches.
It is compatible with all cooktops and it is also oven safe up to 400*F. Its sleek and polished copper exterior gives it a sophisticated gleam that is unmatched.
- This versatile copper cookware provides all sizes of pots and pans that can be used to cook different varieties of meals.
- Its tri-ply construction helps to spread even heat and retains it well.
- It stay cool handles are comfy to hold and provide stability when pouring food contents.
- It is oven safe up to 400*F.
- This cookware set is compatible with all stovetops.
- It is also dishwasher safe.
- We tested its handles and noted that they were slightly difficult to use while holding up the pot or pan filled with contents.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Copper Cookware Sets
Before buying copper cookware, it is essential to ensure that you are actually purchasing the right option and that it suits your cooking needs. Be sure to also learn how to care for your copper cookware before you invest in them and make a checklist of these factors that you should consider when buying copper cookware sets.
If you own an induction stove then you will need a copper pan that has ferrous metals in it, thus allowing it to function on an induction top. Otherwise, traditional copper cookware will not operate on your induction top as the stove may not detect its presence. It provides excellent thermal conduction that ensures even cooking performance and heat distribution and that is the reason the answer to is copper safe to cook with is a definite Yes!
It is undeniable that the price of any cookware is often the determining factor in what pots and pans you end buying. A good rule is that you should purchase the best cookware set you can afford. Buying separate cooking pieces can be expensive so a whole set is preferable.
It is true that the more expensive a cookware is and the more known the cookware brand is, the more durable it will be. These copper pots and pans will maintain their great looks even after years of use but extremely cheap options will almost always bend, chip, or warp easily.
Good quality copper cookware will require proper care and this can be time consuming. The best thing to do is always educate yourself on the different user care techniques for such cookware sets. Copper cookware sets require polishing after ever few rounds of cooking to maintain its brilliant gleam. You should also search whether your preferred cookware is dishwasher friendly or not. The best non toxic cookware is the Made In Copper Set.
FAQs About Buying the Best Copper Cooking Sets
How do you properly clean copper pots?
The best way to properly clean your copper pots and pans is by using a damp cloth soaked in warm water mixed with dish soap. You can also use a light sponge to wipe away any grease or food bits. If there is burnt or stuck food on your copper cookware, then simply keep your pots and pans properly soaked in hot, soapy water for 15-30 minutes and then wipe again to get rid of these hard bits.
Why do copper pots turn black?
Copper pots and pans turn black due to oxidation. This is a chemical reaction that takes place when copper is in the presence of oxygen and this may turn your copper pot black. When it is heated, it creates a layer of copper oxide on the top which is of a brownish black hue. This can further react with humidity and moisture in the air and forms copper carbonate.
Why do chefs use copper pans?
Chefs use copper pans due to their excellent heat conductivity. It allows heat to spread evenly as compared to traditional cookware. It also significantly lessens the chances of scorching since you can monitor and regulate the temperature as you like, which means you are able to cook with less energy.
Is copper pan good for frying?
Yes, copper pans are great for frying as it heats up very quickly and responds to heat better than any other cookware. This makes it ideal for deep or shallow frying.
Our top pick for this list is the Made In Copper Set. This French-made copper cookware is constructed with 90% copper core and is excellent when it comes to heat conduction and even distribution.
Our second best choice is the Lagostina Martellata Copper Cookware. This hammered copper, stainless steel cookware is not only stunning but helps with even cooking and avoids all cold spots and uncooked patches in your food.
The third best choice is the Gothan Steel Cookware (20 PC). This extremely budget-friendly cookware option features 20 pieces including bakeware items with a copper finish to bring you the most excellent experience while cooking with a copper set.
Why Trust Kitchen Infinity?
Our writers and reviewers thoroughly research every aspect of kitchen appliances or home improvement products so you can make a well-informed decision when investing in these products. We evaluate top quality products from several brands within budget friendly price ranges and contrast consumer reviews, surveys, satisfaction forms, brand performance, and annual appliance rankings. We go to great lengths to ensure that your next buy is worth every penny!
Dino is a lifelong writer and home improvement specialist. He enjoys bringing cutting-edge information on home renovation and remodeling to Kitchen Infinity.