The best countertop wine cooler is the Newair 24” Built-in 46 Bottle Dual Zone Wine Fridge. There is no shortage of wine cooler brands in the market, so it can definitely be a daunting experience when you are on the hunt for the best countertop wine coolers for your expensive wines.
As a wine lover and aficionado, I have spent over 70 hours carefully research, thoroughly testing, and trying all types of wine coolers and cellar brands in the market. I also have over 30 years of experience purchasing, tasting, and collecting wine and trying out over 5 different wine fridges over the past decade.
In our previous articles, we discussed the best under-counter wine coolers , best small wine fridge and the best built-in wine coolers; now we’ll be looking in detail at the best countertop wine coolers that that are perfect to store your expensive wine in. Keep on reading!
Our Picks for the Top Countertop Wine Coolers
- 1. Best Overall - Newair 24” Built-in 46 Bottle Dual Zone Wine Fridge
- 2. Best Dual Zone - Kalamera 24'' Wine Refrigerator 46 Bottle Dual Zone
- 3. Best Aesthetic - Ivation 24 Bottle Compressor Wine Cooler Refrigerator
- 4. Best Energy Efficient - Summit SWC182Z 18 Inch Dual-Zone Wine Cellar
- 5. Best Versatility - Newair FlipShelf™ 24" 162 Can or 54 Bottle
Jump to Section
Our Top Picks For Countertop Wine Coolers in 2022
1. Newair 24” Built-in 46 Bottle Dual Zone Wine Fridge
If you’re looking for a top-of-the-line, all-rounder countertop wine cooler, then the Newair 24″ Built-in 46 Bottle Dual Zone Wine Fridge is a fantastic choice! Not only is it incredibly spacious, packing up to 46 bottles at a time, it also comes with dual zone temperatures and a quiet operation compressor. You can even customize the interior thanks to its removable wooden racks to make more space for bottles or even other items such as cans, groceries, etc.
Its aesthetic front glass door is aesthetically pleasing and provides ample UV protection for your expensive wine collection. You can either install it within the kitchen unit or place it on top as a freestanding, countertop wine cooler. Its super compact design also makes it easy to move around.
What makes it an overall best choice for wine coolers is that it is also ideal for commercial use thanks to its multi-purpose design and user-friendly technology.
The user friend control panel displays the digital temperature readout and you can increase or decrease the temperature using the push button. It comes equipped with a built-in lock for added security and the interior LED lighting illuminates your wine beautifully. Finally, the stunning stainless steel exterior complements your home decor and blends in perfectly.
- Dual zone fridge with ideal temperature for red and white wines
- Built-in lock for extra security and peace of mind
- Triple tempered glass door provides extra insulation and UV protection
- Comes with an aesthetic, stainless steel design
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Offers removable wooden shelves for ease of space
- Comes with a whisper quiet compressor
- Digital control allows fine tuning of temperature between 40-60 degrees
- It comes with aesthetic LED lighting
- It can be pricey
- Limited bottle space compared to other wine coolers
- No stemware storage
- Some user complaints of compressor failure after 1-2 years
- No smart technology such as compatibility with Alexa or Google Assistant
- No Wi-Fi enabled
2. Kalamera 24'' Wine Refrigerator 46 Bottle Dual Zone
It goes without saying that dual zone cooling systems are far more versatile than single zone coolers. The Kalamera 24″ Wine Refrigerator 46 Bottle Dual Zone is a classic option for those who want a compact, countertop wine cooler with dual zone cooling and ample space to keep both their red wines and white wines.
This fridge comes equipped with an ultra-silent compressor, making it a perfect countertop wine cooler for all living spaces. The removable beechwood shelves can be adjusted to make more space for your bottles and this wine cooler features a bottle capacity of 46 bottles.
This wine cooler also comes with a built-in lock for a layer of security for your expensive wine bottles and the triple tempered reversible glass door is convenient to use and also provides UV resistance. Additionally, this layered glass also stabilizes the internal temperature range and never fogs over.
- It offers dual zone cooling for red and white wine.
- It is a compact and versatile model.
- It comes with built-in lock for security.
- The triple tempered glass stabilizes interior temperature and doesn’t fog.
- It comes with an automatic defrost system.
- It is equipped with a super quiet compressor.
- The easy gliding beechwood shelves can be removed or adjusted for optimal space.
- It comes with an LED control display.
- It comes with a reversible door.
- It is perfect for small homes, RVs, and dorms.
- It is not suitable for outdoor use.
- It does not come with any smart features such as Wi-Fi connection.
- Some users have complained of a short lifespan
- The wooden shelves are a bit flimsy.
- There are no sound alarms for security.
3. Ivation 24 Bottle Compressor Wine Cooler Refrigerator
A good wine cooler must have all the up-to-date features and qualities that are aligned with the technological advancement we see today but it also shouldn’t compromise on aesthetics. If you are looking for a countertop wine cooler that isn’t just fully equipped with all the necessary features but also looks trendy in the kitchen or the lounge, then the Ivation 24 Bottle Compressor Wine Cooler Refrigerator is one of a kind.
This single zone wine cooler comes with 6 adjustable wire shelves to help make further space and can store wine bottles up to 24. What stands out about it is its unique, sleek black glass door and stunning matte finish that is far superior to its competitors. This glass door provides ample UV resistance and also temperature range stability against external heat sources.
The soft interior lighting adds to its aesthetic qualities and it creates an irresistible ambiance that showcases your wine collection beautifully. It also comes with a built-in lock system and user-friendly touch controls.
- It is extremely aesthetically pleasing and complements all kitchen and indoor decor.
- Soft LED lighting creates great ambiance.
- The glass door is UV resistant and provides adequate insulation.
- It comes with adjustable wine racks to create more storage capacity.
- It is equipped with a built-in lock system.
- There is temperature stability against outside heat.
- It offers less storage capacity compared to larger wine fridges.
- It does not come with an audible door alarm.
- It is unsuitable for outdoor use.
- There are no charcoal filters unless added on.
- It does not come with a reversible door.
4. Summit SWC182Z 18 Inch Dual-Zone Wine Cellar
For any wine enthusiast who understands the importance of a good wine refrigerator but is also concerned about the environment would be pleased to invest in the Summit SWC182Z 18 Inch Dual Zone Wine Cellar. This outstanding, eco-friendly fridge is 100% CFC free.
This wine cooler is ozone-friendly and also climate friendly as it does not makes use of chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) and is also free of fluorocarbons (FCs). CFCs can significantly damage the ozone in the upper atmosphere and FCs contribute to the greenhouse effect and while most wine coolers use such refrigerants, this Summit cooling system does not.
It consists of a dual zone cooling system and also comes with automatic defrosting technology for your ease and convenience. The stainless steel finish, field reversible doors, and the digital display also add to its aesthetic value, making it a stunning new addition to you kitchen countertop.
- It is 100% CFC free, eco-friendly, and energy efficient.
- It offers dual zone cooling compartments.
- It comes with a factory installed lock for security.
- This fridge features a digital display for temperature range settings.
- It comes with an automatic defrosting technology.
- It is budget-friendly.
- The exterior is not fingerprint resistant.
- This fridge is not UV resistant.
- It is unsuitable for outdoor use.
- It is not commercially approved.
- It does not come with smart features such as digital monitoring.
5. Newair FlipShelf™ 24" 162 Can or 54 Bottle
This Newair, single zone temperature fridge is one of the most unique wine coolers in the market for its incredibly versatile and useful reversible flipshelf design. You can flip the shelf to store wine bottles or reverse it to keep soda cans, beer, or any other grocery item if you choose.
Having a get-together or a party over at your place? This fridge makes the perfect companion and can chill beverages in no time!
It comes with a digital thermostat for customized cooling and its unique build makes it gorgeous to have in your kitchen or even your bedroom.
Additionally, the stainless steel exterior is easy to clean and maintain and despite the flipshelf feature, this wine cooler can easily pack 162 cans or 54 bottles of wine, or any combo in between.
- It is extremely versatile with a reversible shelf for cans and bottles.
- It features a stunning stainless steel finish that is easy to clean and maintain.
- It has a push button temperature control.
- It comes with an aesthetic blue LED light.
- This wine fridge provides auto-defrosting option.
- The wine cooler has a double-pane tinted glass.
- It is only single zone temperature range.
- It does not come with a built-in lock.
- It has less storage capacity compared to its larger version.
- It is unsuitable for outdoor use.
- It lacks smart features such as voice control.
6. Ivation 28 Bottle Compressor Wine Cooler Refrigerator
Modern wine coolers are chic, sleek, and ultra-modern and this is achieved with a stunning, stainless steel exterior finish that accentuates your countertop wine cooler’s aesthetic appeal. The Ivation 28 Bottle Compressor Wine Cooler Refrigerator is one such terrific example.
This single zone temperature wine cooler features a gorgeous stainless steel exterior that perfectly complements modern architecture and interior design. It comes with a temperature stability bright LCD dislplay, thermopane glass door with UV protection and easy-to-use touch controls.
This Ivation countertop wine fridge can pack up to 28 bottles and features 7 remobavle shelves that can be adjusted to make further space for your wine bottles. The automatic defrosting system makes it extremely easy to clean and adds to its modern flare.
- This fridge comes in a stunning stainless steel finish.
- The double pane glass offers UV protection and airtight insulation.
- It comes with a built-in lock for security.
- The adjustable and removable shelves help create better storage.
- It offers precise temperature control settings.
- It provides excellent temperature stability against outdoor heating.
- It only provides single zone cooling.
- There are no charcoal filters.
- There is no soft close shelving.
- It is unsuitable for outdoor use.
- It lacks reversible doors for convenience.
7. Perlick 24 Inch Wine Reserve, 20 Bottle Capacity
A small wine cooler with good bottle capacity is an excellent investment for wine lovers as it can fit in big or small kitchens and also costs much less than larger wine coolers. One such example of a compact countertop wine cooler is the Perlick 24 Inch Wine Reserve, 20 Bottle Capacity.
This ultra-compact, single zone countertop wine fridge is ADA compliant and can easily store 20 bottles. It also comes with 4 full-extension wine racks that can be rolled out with ease. The digital temperature range control panel is user-friendly and this fridge is also energy efficient and UL listed.
Furthermore, its stainless steel finish and field reversible door make it an irresistible purchase. It is easy to install on your countertop and can be moved just as well. The adjustable LED lighting helps you read labels better and creates a stunning ambiance surrounding your wine.
- It comes in an ultra-compact design.
- It comes with a built-in lock for security.
- The 4 full-extension shelves are easy to roll.
- The stainless steel interior adds to the aesthetic.
- It comes with an eco-friendly design and energy efficiency.
- It is ADA compliant.
- It is UL listed.
- Its LED lighting can be switched from white to blue.
- This fridge comes with digital temperature control.
- It comes with full 6-Year parts and labor warranty.
- This fridge can be quite expensive.
- It does not provide UV protection.
- It has less storage capacity compared to larger models.
- There is no built-in door alarm.
- There are no smart features such as remote monitoring or control.
8. Kalamera Mini Fridge Wine Refrigerator, 12 Bottle
Looking for a terrific countertop wine cooler that offers all the best features of the top brands but comes at an affordable price range? The Kalamera Wine Fridge Refrigerator, 12 Bottle is the answer to your wishes!
This compact design, single zone countertop wine cooler is the perfect addition to your kitchen countertops. It can store up to 12 bottles easily, even your special 750 ml Boudoir selection. The 6 built-in chrome shelves can be removed to make more storage space as well.
It also comes with a two-lock system for added security and the 2-layered tempered class offers UV protection. The internal soft LED light creates a stunning hue around your bottles and its stainless steel finish adds to its beauty and design.
- It is extremely budget-friendly.
- Its ultra-compact design makes it a perfect fit for smaller homes.
- It can easily fit large wine bottle such as a 750 ml Boudoir.
- It comes with a two-lock system for security.
- The removable chrome racks can be adjusted for more space.
- The 2-layered tempered glass provides UV resistance.
- It comes with an LED temperature display.
- It offers limited capacity compared to larger cooler options.
- It does not have stemware storage.
- It does not have an auto-defrosting option.
- It is not suitable for outdoor usage.
- It does not come with smart features like voice control.
Factors to Consider When Buying Countertop Wine Coolers
Before you spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on an expensive and luxurious countertop wine cooler, you may want to make a checklist of all the elements to consider when purchasing it.
Cooling Type Technology
When it comes to wine education, you should know that there are predominantly 2 types of cooling technologies: compressor and thermoelectric cooling technology.
Compressor wine cooler
These are powerful units that effectively compress air and maintain temperature stability inside the fridge.
These are quite common as they can easily cool a large collection over a wide range of temperatures. In addition to this, external temperature does not affect their function.
But, these units are notoriously large and large and aren’t always eco-friendly or energy efficient.
Thermoelectric wine cooler
While these are certainly packed with amazing features, a thermoelectric wine cooler is not as powerful as compressor cooling technology. They take much longer to chill and hold less bottles.
However, they are praised for their versatility, eco-friendly, and energy efficient qualities and features. Additionally, they are lightweight since they do not have compressors. They operate quietly and are free of vibrations.
Single or Dual Cooling Zones
Before you buy a countertop wine cooler, it is important to consider what types of wine will you be storing in it and whether it requires dual temperature zones or whether you can roll with single zone fridges.
Single zone fridges are perfect for those who prefer a single type of wine and want a dedicated fridge for either their reds or whites. Since they only come in one type of cooling compartment, they can only hold one type of wine at a time, which makes them far less versatile.
On the other hand, dual zone wine coolers consist of two chilling compartments: one for your red wines and one for your white or sparkling wines. These are far more versatile and some may even give you the option to switch to freezing mode to keep other grocery items inside. If you are a wine collector, then this would be an ideal type of countertop wine cooler for you.
The great thing about most countertop wine coolers is that they are compact. They can easily be installed on top of your kitchen counter and the freestanding wine coolers can be placed on top or even kept on top of a table or island in your bedroom.
It goes without saying that price is a key element to consider when purchasing a wine fridge. This is also true for compact countertop wine friedges. Some – depending on the brand and smart features – may be extremely expensive, while others may be a lot more affordable but may lack some key smart features, etc.
Our Verdict on the Best Countertop Wine Cooler
The best freestanding wine fridge is Newair 24” Built-in 46 Bottle Dual Zone Wine Fridge. Followed by Kalamera 24” Wine Refrigerator 46 Bottle Dual Zone and Ivation 24 Bottle Compressor Wine Cooler Refrigerator.
Our top five picks for the best countertop wine cooler offers a blend of single and dual zone temperature controls, as well as ample capacity, and a reasonable price tag. They keep your wines at optimal temperature and storage conditions without taking too much space or causing hassle.
FAQs About the Best Countertop Wine Coolers
Can countertop wine fridges be used under the counter?
Yes, some most countertop beverage coolers can also be used under the counter thanks to their compact frame and easy-to-fit dimensions. You can check the reviews for the best under the counter wine fridge.
Are countertop beverage fridges too small?
No, countertop wine fridges are of adequate size, considering the space available on your counter. You can get slightly taller ones or ultra-mini ones, depending on your choice and needs.
Is a countertop cooler freestanding or built-in?
Countertop coolers can be both freestanding or built-in, depending on the brand and its particular installation style.
Can I place my countertop wine cooler on the floor?
Yes, you can place your countertop wine fridge under the floor if it is a freestanding unit.
Why Trust Kitchen Infinity?
Our writers and reviewers thoroughly research every aspect of kitchen appliances or home improvement products so you can make a well-informed decision when investing in these products. We evaluate top quality products from several brands within budget friendly price ranges and contrast consumer reviews, surveys, satisfaction forms, brand performance, and annual appliance rankings. We go to great lengths to ensure that your next buy is worth every penny!
Dino is a lifelong writer and home improvement specialist. He enjoys bringing cutting-edge information on home renovation and remodeling to Kitchen Infinity.