The best egg pan is the Misen Nonstick Pan. One of the most common cookware in every household is an egg pan. Whether you have children, or you just enjoy eggs for breakfast in the morning, a good egg pan can make all the difference, especially when it comes to taste and seasoning. Who doesn’t love the texture of fluffy scrambled eggs, crispy fried egg, or a smooth and silky omelette? With the right kind of pan, you can make restaurant-quality eggs for yourself and your family every day!
With over 10 years of hands on professional cooking experience and more than 50 hours of thorough research on the right kind of pan for preparing the different recipe for eggs, I have thoroughly tested the top brands to pick the ones worth the wait and the money. I also have over 15 years of experience reviewing different cookware, cooking ranges, and especially the right pots and pans for specific cooking requirements.
We have already talked about the best pans for deep frying and the best oven-safe skillets, but for this article we have tested the best egg pans available in the market that will satiate your egg cravings like never before. Keep on reading!
Best Egg Pans Top Picks
- 1. Editor's Pick - Misen Nonstick Pan
- 2. Best Nonstick - Made In Nonstick Frying Pan
- 3. Best Budget - Tramontina Professional Fry Pans
- 4. Best for Scrambled Eggs - Caraway Fry Pan
- 5. Best Carbon Steel - Sardel Carbon Steel Skillet (10*)
Jump to Section
List of 9 Top Rated Egg Pans 2022
1. Misen Nonstick Pan (8*)
Editor’s Pick for the Best Egg Pan
Our top choice for cooking eggs is unquestionably this stunning Misen frying pan. It isn’t like the average nonstick pan you see in advertisements every day, it’s the real deal. Its four layers of nonstick coating on a unique plasma primer offers 2.5x more nonsticking power than traditional cookware. It also comes in a sleek, ultra modern look that perfectly complements your kitchen style.
In addition, this egg require very little fat to cook your food, making it a healthier choice. It is also free of PFOA coatings which keeps you safe from harmful chemicals and toxins that cheaper varieties of nonstick pan will produce when exposed to heat.
Its heat proof stay cool handle is comfortable to the hold and this Misen pan can be used for all types of stovetops. With its thick aluminum construction and core, it ensures even and fast heating.
It is also oven-safe up to 450° F!
- Its elegant interior nonstick coating makes this the perfect pan for all egg recipes.
- The four layers of nonstick coating offers more durability and cooking power than most pans.
- This pan does not require a lot of grease to cook your eggs in.
- It is free of PFOA coating.
- It comes equipped with a comfortable, heat-proof handle.
- It provides even and fast heating thanks to its aluminum construction.
- It is appropriate for oven usage up to 450° F.
- Some users have complained that this pan takes a lot longer to heat on induction cooktop.
- Due to its slightly convex bottom, oil or any other liquid may pool to the outside.
- Some buyers have criticized it for denting easily.
- It can be quite expensive to purchase.
2. Made In Nonstick Frying Pan (8*)
Best Nonstick Egg Pan
This Made In nonstick coating egg pan is the best most impressive nonstick variety in the market. The safe, PFOA-free Made Slick™ nonstick interior is extremely slippery, giving your eggs that extra space to bloom and fluff easily.
The manufacturers coat this pan repeatedly to make them extra durable and resistant to corrosion or degradation in the long run. These Made In egg pans will easily last you 10x longer than traditional cookware and even other premium brands. After we carefully tested its cooking power in our labs, we noted that its non stick coating was far stronger than competitor brands and lasted 30x longer than ceramic cookware varieties.
It is also oven-sage up to 500*F and it is also induction compatible. The 5-ply stainless clad construction also protects the nonstick layer, helping it last for a very long time. Additionally it is PTFE and PFOA free!
- This Made In pan is is equipped with an extremely durable non-stick layer and it lasts 30x longer than ceramic cookware.
- It is induction compatible.
- It is free of PTFE and PFOA.
- This egg pan is oven safe up to 500*F.
- Its stay cool handles are comfortable to hold and do not heat up easily.
- It can be quite pricey.
- You should not use metal utensils when cooking in the egg pan as they might leave scratches.
- It is not dishwasher safe.
3. Tramontina Professional Fry Pans (8*)
Best Budget-Friendly Egg Pan
If you are looking for a budget-friendly egg pan, then look no further than this handy Tramontina fry pan that you can use to cook a variety of egg recipes including fried eggs, fluffy scrambled eggs, omelettes, etc.
This 8* pan features NSF-certified commercial grade 3004 heavy-gauge aluminum construction. With such impressive durability and multipurpose use, you won’t find a better deal! The affordable price tag for this pan is truly remarkable, despite the several benefits and uses of it.
It also comes with a high performance PFOA-free nonstick surface that makes flipping eggs extremely easy and fun. In addition, we tested this pan thoroughly and noted that it was also dishwasher safe. It works with all types of stovetops and can even be popped in the oven up to 400*F for that extra crispy cooked layer of egg.
- This egg pan is extremely budget-friendly
- It is constructed with heavy-gauge aluminum which makes it extra durable.
- It is PFOA-free.
- This fry pan is dishwasher safe.
- It can be used in the oven up to 400*F.
- It can be used to cook a variety of egg recipes.
- This pan also comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Many buyers have complained that the manufacturers don't stand by their lifetime warranty and that the customer service is poor.
- After it was tested in our lab, it was noted that the pan may warp in under a month if proper care is not taken.
- The nonstick interior may begin to peel after a few rounds of cooking eggs.
4. Caraway Fry Pan
Best Egg Pan for Scrambled Eggs
Great looks and aesthetic appeal aren’t the only things this Caraway frying pan has to offer. It makes incredibly fluffy, moist, and creamy scrambled eggs. The ceramic coating inside is smooth and perfect for folding your eggs with just the tiniest bit of oil or butter and sliding them off to the plate with just a tilt, resulting in the best scrambled eggs you have ever had.
This egg pan is free of PTFEs and its mineral based coating does not leach harmful chemicals into your eggs when cooking in it. The nonstick ceramic, aluminum core construction is extremely durable, coupled with the stainless steel handle that is comfortable to the touch makes this pan a great addition to your kitchen.
It is also oven safe up to 550*F and one of its most impressive features is how eco-friendly it is. It released up to 60% less CO2 compared to traditional nonstick cookware. It can also be used to cook eggs on all types of stoves.
- The smooth ceramic interior makes this pan perfect for scrambling eggs.
- It requires very little oil or butter to cook creamy eggs and the slipper interior ensures that your eggs are off and on to your plate with just one flip.
- It is free of PTFEs and other toxic metals and chemicals.
- This pan can also be used in the oven up to 550*F.
- It released up to 60% less CO2 compared to most nonstick coatings.
- This pan can be used to cook eggs on all types of cooktops.
- Some users have complained that it requires more oil than otherwise advertised to cook eggs and keep them from gluing to the bottom.
- Black marks left from burnt food may be hard to clean without peeling the inside coating off.
- This pan can be expensive.
5. Sardel Carbon Steel Skillet (10*)
Best Carbon Steel Egg Pan
If you’re interested in high quality, durable carbon steel egg pans, then this Sardel skillet is the ideal option for you. Such variety of pans seamlessly mesh the best characteristics of cast iron and stainless steel to produce a sturdy and resilient carbon steel pan fit to make all kinds of egg recipes.
This pan develops a slick nonstick coating and a slightly darker tint on the bottom as you prepare your eggs in them. This will happen after you season the pan and it retains the heat and flavor to achieve the perfect, soft or crispy eggs.
These are also lightweight and compatible with all stovetops, making them a versatile option for all home cooks. It is lighter than a cast iron skillet and even features the same advantages as one but carbon steel pans are lighter and more versatile when it comes to cooking.
This Sardel pan is also extremely easy to clean by just rinsing it with warm water or a non-scratch sponge too clear away any food bits.
- This Sardel egg pan combines the best features of stainless steel and cast iron to result into a lightweight carbon steel fry pan.
- It is more versatile than cast iron skillet and is perfect for seasoned eggs.
- It is compatible with all stovetops.
- This pan is easy to hand wash at home.
- It features easy-to-grip handles with a unique concave textured grip to avoid sliding in your hands and keeping the food secure inside.
- This Sardel pan requires seasoning before use, otherwise it will not form the naturally slick nonstick coating and your eggs will stick to the bottom
- It is not dishwasher safe and requires gentle hand washing.
- It is not oven-safe.
- It can be a bit pricey.
6. Hexclad Hybrid Pan (8*)
Best Scratch-Resistant Egg Pan
One of the most popular egg pan choice is the stainless steel pan and if you are looking for the right one, we recommend this Hexclad hybrid pan to cook the perfect eggs each time. It also features the Hexclas patented technology of the unique hexagon design achieved through laser etching to provide you with the best of stainless steel and nonstick surface. This dual quality makes it perfect to cook all types of eggs!
It is a PFOA-free pan and can be used in the oven up to 500*F thanks to the tri-ply construction. It is induction friendly and also features stay cool handles for convenient and easy cooking experience.
This Hexclad pan is also scratch-resistant and is dishwasher safe. In fact, you can even use the scorching or steel wool pad to clean it without worrying about scratching or peeling the bottom. You can even cook your eggs using metal utensils without fretting.
- This pan is completely scratch-resistant so you never have to worry about peeling or chipping nonstick layers.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- It is PFOA free, making it a healthier and safer cookware.
- You can use it in the oven up to 500*F.
- It can be used on all stovetops.
- This pan is also dishwasher safe and you can clean it with a scorching or steel pad without worrying about scratches.
- It is metal utensil safe.
- Some buyers have pointed that it is difficult to clean burnt food from this pan.
- After we tested it, we noticed that it begins to lose its nonstick features after a while.
- Some users have also noticed that this pan turns a dark color after the first round of cooking.
7. Ninja C30026 Foodi
Best Egg Pan for Fried Eggs
Want to know the secret to making the best and easiest fried eggs ever? Here it is! This Ninja egg pan features a balanced cooking surface, perfect for crispy bottomed or soft fried eggs. Whether you like the sunny side up or fully fried, this pan can make it all.
With great even heat distribution, easy maintenance, and oven-safe features (up to 500*F), this pan is undeniably one of the best options for fried egg lovers. You can pop it in the oven to achieve the bubbling yolk on top and a crispy layer on the bottom.
This pan can easily be hand washed or chucked in the dishwasher thanks to its durable exterior coating. It is also PFOA, cadmium, and lead free!
- The balance cooking surface makes this pan ideal to cook fried eggs
- It is compact and easy to store in your kitchen cabinets.
- It features even and fast heat distribution
- This egg pan is also PFOA, cadmium, and lead free, making it a safer choice for your health.
- It comes with a sturdy handle with easy movement and a comfortable grip.
- While it may be compact, it can be heavy and bulky.
- Many have complained that its nonstick surface corrodes quickly.
- Cooking without enough oil may result in your eggs sticking to the bottom and burning.
8. Radical Pan: Nonstick Frying & Saute Pan (8*)
Best Egg Pan for French Omelette
Featuring a completely unique design, this brilliant Radical pan is what you need in your kitchen cabinet if you enjoy a soft, french omelette. Its patented high-rise edge makes it perfect for flipping omelettes and resulting in a juicy, scrumptious egg.
With just a flip of your hand, you can toss your omelette with ease. It also makes it easier to transfer your food from the pan to the plate. In fact, you can also use this to make fluffy egg scrambles and other breakfast varieties.
After we tested it in our labs, we noticed that this pan also distributed heat evenly and can even be used in the oven up to 500*F.
- This pan is exceptional for making omelettes, thanks to its unique high-rise edge.
- It can transfer the eggs to your plate with just a flip of your wrist.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- This egg pan is PFOA-free.
- It features a triple layer of nonstick coating that helps when flipping your omelettes or egg scrambles.
- This pan may appear heavy and bulky.
- It may be hard to store it in your cabinets or drawers due to its design.
- It may leave egg stains without appropriate seasoning.
- It requires more scrubbing than usual to clean off burnt bits that are stuck to the bottom.
9. Eggssentials Poached Egg Pan
Best Egg Pan for Poached Eggs
Feast your eyes on this incredibly unique pan for the poached egg loved. With its nonstick surface cups, this pan is extremely convenient to use, almost like a kitchen gadget.
It is PFOA-free and comes with extra 4 poaching cups to make a bigger batch. Be it eggs Benedict, eggs sardou, hard or soft boiled eggs, etc., this easy-to-use Eggsentials pan is a great addition to your kitchen. It also features a heavy stainless steel body that works with all stove types and its premium 3-ply aluminum bottom ensure even heating.
The egg dishes or egg cups inside are dishwasher friendly and are nonstick. And, you can even remove the cups to use the pot as a saute pan!
- It comes with a unique design and special egg cups to cook the perfect poached, boiled, or eggs Benedict.
- It is PFOA-free and the cups are nonstick.
- The 3-ply aluminum bottom ensures even and fast heat distribution.
- It is affordable.
- The egg cups are also dishwasher safe.
- You can remove the egg cups to use the pot as a saute pan
- You cannot prepare omelettes, fried eggs, or scrambled eggs in this pan.
- Hand washing each egg cup is tedious
- It is not a versatile pan compared to other varieties.
- It can be quite bulky.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Pan for Frying Eggs
If you are looking for the right egg pan for your kitchen, then consider some of these crucial factors before you invest your money.
We previously listed for you the best carbon steel pans on our blog!
After all, any cookware is a longtime investment and to truly enjoy the taste of fine eggs, investing in the right pan can make all the difference.
It is important to check what type of stove or cooktop you use at home before you buy your egg pan. Induction stoves are more and more common these days but they also require certain ferrous metal pans that can conduct heat from the stove. Therefore, before you purchase your pan, make sure that it is compatible with whichever stove type you have installed at home.
If you live in a small house, RV, or dorm, you may not want to spend too much on a large sized pan. If you are a single household, invest in a 6* or 8* pan that you can store easily and that provides ample space to cook the most basic recipes of eggs.
Most modern egg pans are also oven safe. If you want a crispy cheesy top on your omelette or if you want a crispy fried egg, popping it in the oven can certainly achieve the results in no time, but is your pan oven-safe? Before you buy it, check its description thoroughly to ensure that you can use it in the oven.
Having a nonstick pan for cooking eggs can make your life and the cooking experience a lot more convenient. It makes it easier to flip eggs and transfer them to the plate without making a lot of greasy messes. Check whether your pan is nonstick or stainless steel, or a combination before you pay for it.
FAQs About the Best Frying Pan for Cooking Egg Dishes
What type of pan is best for eggs?
The best type of pan for eggs is any nonstick frying pan. Whether it is for soft omelettes, creamy scrambles, or crispy fried eggs, a nonstick frying pan will get the job done right as it required little grease and is also easy to flip
Are omelette pans worth it?
Yes, omelette pans are worth it. This is because they are versatile and can be used for a variety of other dishes when not being used to cook omelettes. This also saves a lot of space in your kitchen cupboards.
Why do my eggs keep sticking to the pan?
Your eggs keep sticking to the pan for many reasons but the most common is that your pan may be too hot or too cool. If it is the latter, they will stick because they have been resting on the cool pan for too long. To gauge whether your pan is ready for cooking eggs, you can sprinkle a few drops of water to check with the moisture sizzles. If it does, then the pan is ready.
Can you cook eggs in cast iron?
Yes, you can cook eggs in a cast iron by using the right oil and by adjusting the temperature right. You can make some deliciously crispy eggs on a cast iron with running yolks or any other way you like them on a cast iron.
Our top pick for egg pans is the Misen Nonstick Pan (8*) for its versatility, elegant design, and excellent durability. It is an all-rounder when it comes to preparing the best egg recipes.
Our second pick is the Made In Nonstick Frying Pan (8*) as the best nonstick pan in the market as the manufacturers layer it with several nonstick coats to ensure durability and that your eggs never stick to the bottom.
Our final and third pick for the best egg pan is the Tramontina Professional Fry Pans (8*) that offers all the best qualities of big brand names but comes at a terrific and affordable price tag.
Why Trust Kitchen Infinity?
Our writers and reviewers thoroughly research every aspect of kitchen appliances or home improvement products so you can make a well-informed decision when investing in these products. We evaluate top quality products from several brands within budget friendly price ranges and contrast consumer reviews, surveys, satisfaction forms, brand performance, and annual appliance rankings. We go to great lengths to ensure that your next buy is worth every penny!
Dino is a lifelong writer and home improvement specialist. He enjoys bringing cutting-edge information on home renovation and remodeling to Kitchen Infinity.