The best wine cooler under $500 is the NewAir 24” Wine Cooler Refrigerator, Large 160. If you are a wine enthusiast or a connoisseur, then you may be interested in a large wine refrigerator to keep your wine collection in for fine aging and cooling. Even if you just enjoy collecting vintage wines and drinking socially, a good quality large wine refrigerator is always a smart investment.
As a wine enthusiast and lover myself, I have spent over 70 hours thoroughly studying and researching different brands and types of wine coolers, while also comparing and contrasting their features. I also have over 3 decades of experience purchasing, tasting, and collecting all sorts of wine, and I have tested over 5 different wine fridges in just the past decade.
Previously, we listed the cheap wine coolers, best small wine refrigerators, best built in wine fridges , best freestanding wine cellars , cheap wine fridge and best undercounter wine fridges, but in this article we will go through some of the best large wine coolers in the market that are perfect for your favorite wines. Let’s dive in!
Our Picks for the Top Large Wine Fridges
- 1. Best Overall - NewAir 24” Wine Cooler Refrigerator, Large 160
- 2. Best Energy Efficient - EuroCave Premiere Wine Cellar (Large)
- 3. Best Budget - Kalamera 157 Bottle Freestanding Wine Cooler
- 4. Best Smart Features - LG SIGNATURE InstaView® Wine Cellar Refrigerator
- 5. Best Single Zone - Smith & Hanks 166 Bottle Single Zone Wine Refrigerator
Jump to Section
Our Top Picks For Large Wine Coolers in 2022
1. NewAir 24” Wine Cooler Refrigerator, Large 160
This spectacular NewAir large wine refrigerator is the perfect built-in or freestanding addition to your kitchen for that extra zest of luxury. It is an excellent blend of storage capacity, powerful cooling, and aesthetics, making it our top overall choice.
You can easily store large wine bottles up to 160 and the 15 full-extension beech wood shelves slide effortlessly, preventing the sediments from stirring and ruining the velvety smooth taste and aroma of your wines. You can remove shelves to make more storage space if you desire.
Its ultra-quiet and low vibration compressor cooling technology makes it easy to build into your wine refrigerator space for a sleek and integrated look. You can move it any time and place it in your lounge or wine storage room, thanks to its freestanding installation.
This wine refrigerator comes in with dual zone temperature control that allows you to store your favorite red or white wines in different compartments with optimal temperature range settings for each.
Additionally, its fully insulated front glass door is tripe paned and provides UV protected. The soft gold LED illuminates your wine collection beautifully, adding to its aesthetics.
- It is a dual temperature zone wine refrigerator.
- This wine cooler can be installed as a built-in unit or a freestanding wine refrigerator.
- It comes with a triple paned glass door for insulation and UV protection.
- This wine fridge comes with stainless steel doors.
- The built-in lock adds a layer of security for your wine cooler.
- Its soft gold LED lighting illuminates and showcases your wine bottles.
- This wine cooler provides excellent storage capacity.
- This wine cooler is not suitable for outdoor use.
- There are no smart features such as voice control panel or touch system.
- There is no stemware storage.
- It does not come with Wi-Fi access.
2. EuroCave Premiere Wine Cellar (Large)
Feast your eyes on this spectacular, single temperature zone EuroCave large wine fridge. Not only is aesthetically superior to most wine fridges, it is more energy efficient than other wine refrigerator brands. With up to 64% less energy used than other comparable wine cellars, and a decibel rating of 37, these cellars are easy on the wallet and extremely safe for the environment.
This EuroCave wine cooler comes equipped with a fridge lock with a rear stopper without handle, as well as reversible front door for ease of access and convenience. You can store your favorite white or red wine inside and it can fit up to 178 bottles. It also comes with 10 Rolling/1 Adjustable shelves with steel frame and individual bottle cradle.
This model comes in an Access pack that comprises 2 storage shelves and a sliding shelf, allowing you to store 213 bottles. Additionally, the Premium pack comprises 14 sliding shelves with a EuroCave exclusive “Main du sommelier” shelf allowing you to store 183 wine bottles.
Single temperature; over 60% more energy efficient; fridge lock with rear stopper without handle; temperature alarm; detachable cellar lighting system; UV resistant glass doors; reversible door.
Its “Main du sommelier” shelf is a unique, bi-lateral shell that creates a layer of protection around your wine bottles and keeps them from clinking. It also protects them against all residual vibrations.
It also comes with audible and visual temperature alarms that alert you in case of technical issues and its detachable LED lighting lets you read labels and find the bottle of your choice. Its aluminium panels ensure uniform humidity and circulation and it also comes with a built-in lock.
- It has 64% more energy efficiency than competitor wine refrigerators.
- This wine cooler is a freestanding fridge.
- It comes with extra protection with EuroCave exclusive "Main du sommelier" shelf.
- The built-in lock with this wine cooler adds a layer of protection.
- The front glass door provides insulation and is UV resistant.
- The adjustable rolling shelves inside the wine cooler can be rearranged to make more storage space.
- The detachable LED lighting can be used to read labels.
- This wine cooler comes with an LCD screen with touch sensitive keys.
- This wine refrigerator is equipped with automatic defrosting system.
- This wine cooler can be pricey.
- It is too large for RVs and small homes.
- It is not designed to be used as a built-in appliance.
- This wine refrigerator does not come with dual temperature zones.
- It is not suitable for outside cooling.
- There are no smart features such as motion sensors in this wine refrigerator.
3. Kalamera 157 Bottle Freestanding Wine Cooler
If you are on the hunt for a top-of-the-line, dual temperature zone, large wine refrigerator, then look no further than this Kalamera wine fridge. Whether you are a wine enthusiast or a wine lover, this is the perfect selection for those who wish to keep their red and white wine chilled and at optimal storage settings.
It comes at a far more affordable price tag than other large wine refrigerators and can be used as a freestanding or built-in unit. It is spacious, packing up to 157 wine bottles and its 15 beech wood sliding shelves can be rearranged to create further storage.
This Kalamera wine refrigerator is also equipped with one-touch control that allows you to modify and set the thermostat where you want it exactly. It is advanced compressor cooling technology maintains an even temperature and is ultra-quiet when running with reduced vibrations.
Finally, its triple-layered glass door is fully UV rays resistant and the delicate blue LED interior lighting showcases your wine for all to see.
- This large wine refrigerator is extremely budget friendly in comparison to other brands.
- It is a dual zone wine refrigerator.
- It can be used as a built-in or freestanding wine refrigerator.
- Its built-in lock keeps children and unwanted guests away.
- The tripled layered glass door protects your wine from UV rays,
- It offers impressive storage capacity.
- Unlike most wine refrigerators, this cooler comes with an ultra-quiet compressor.
- It also comes with a carbon filter and 2-interior fans.
- This wine fridge is not suitable for outdoor use.
- It lacks smart features like compatibility with Alexa or Google Assistant.
- You cannot fit all French or Italian wine collections in this wine fridge.
- There is no stemware storage.
4. LG SIGNATURE InstaView® Wine Cellar Refrigerator
Modern day appliances are fully equipped with technologically advanced elements and impressive smart features that make storing wines a lot easier and convenient. If you are looking for a large wine refrigerator that brings to you some of the most unique smart features in the market, then this LG wine cooler is unmatched.
It offers a storage capacity of 65 wine bottles which rest on top of 5 sliding shelves and each shelf is equipped with an LED lighting strip that illuminates that section. You can even switch the convertible, auto-lift drawers at the bottom into freezer mode and store other beverages, ice cubes, or grocery items.
Now, on to its variety of smart features, this wine cooler is equipped with InstaView® technology which allows you to see inside the fridge without opening it and letting the cool air out. All you have to do is lightly knock on the door and the wine cooler will automatically show you the wine bottles inside.
It also comes with a sensor motion under its bottom drawers. With just a wave of your food, these drawers will open without you pulling on any handles. You can also use the ThinQ® voice command option, “LG, open the door!” and your wine fridge door will open itself.
With a textured steel finish, and a scratch resistant exterior, these LG wine coolers are an excellent choice for all those who enjoy luxury and modern technology in their kitchens.
- Unlike most wine refrigerators, this one comes with state-of-the-art modern smart features which creates convenience.
- The InstaView® technology allows you to check the wine bottles and labels inside without opening he fridge door.
- The ThinQ® voice command lets you open the fridge door by just saying "LG, Open the door!"
- The textured steel finish is scratch and fingerprint resistant.
- This wine cooler minimizes all vibrations to help with fine aging of the wine.
- The multi-temperature control panel allows you to set temperature zones with three optimal storage and cooling options.
- The mirror coated glass provides UV protection and insulation.
- This large wine refrigerator can be extremely costly.
- It is unsuitable for outdoor use.
- It does not come with stemware storage.
- This LG wine cooler provides less storage capacity compared to other larger wine coolers.
5. Smith & Hanks 166 Bottle Single Zone Wine Refrigerator
This Smith & Hanks wine fridge is perfect for the casual wine drinker who is looking for a large, single zone fridge that can be built-in or used as a free standing unit. It can easily store up to 166 bottles of your favorite wine and it also comes with 16 low-profile wood-fronted shelves that adds to its aesthetic appeal.
This single serving temperature wine cellar is equipped with an adjustable thermostat control panel that helps stabilize the temperature range to preserve flavors. The soft LED lights inside illuminate your bottles beautifully and its high efficiency compressor is super quiet.
Additionally, its double pane glass door offers UV protection and the built-in lock in the wine cellar adds a layer of protection for your expensive collection.
- This amazing quality wine cooler is the perfect choice for those who enjoy a single type of wine.
- It is a freestanding or built-in installation unit.
- This wine cooler comes with a built-in lock for security.
- It offers impressive wine storage capacity compared to other brands.
- Its soft LED interior lights add to its aesthetic appeal.
- It is comparatively budget-friendly.
- This wine refrigerator comes equipped with a built-in lock for security.
- It is packed with earth-friendly refrigerants.
- Its impeccable stainless steel finish adds to its looks.
- The high efficiency compressor stabilizes cooling and is ultra-quiet.
- It does not come with two temperature zones.
- This wine cellar does not accept custom panels.
- There is no energy star rating for this beverage cooler.
- It is unsuitable for commercial use.
- This wine fridge is unsuitable for outdoor use.
- There are no smart features such as remote control or monitorin
6. BODEGA Wine Cooler 24 Inch, 154 Bottles Wine Refrigerator
If you enjoy a large wine refrigerator with impeccable aesthetics and that adds to the overall appeal and look of your kitchen or other living space, then we recommend this stunning BODEGA wine cooler.
This beautiful unit can hold up to 160 Bordeaux bottles and is equipped with 14 stunning iron and wood sliding shelves that make access easier and more convenient. This is undoubtedly the perfect selection for wine collectors or even a wine enthusiast.
Its reliable and powerful compressor minimizes temperature fluctuations in temperature, ensuring fine aging and temperature of your wine. It can easily be used as a built-in or freestanding wine cellar as it is ultra-quiet and produces low-vibrations when running. You can slide it inside your fridge space as well, thanks to its front-venting compressor and enjoy a sleek look.
To top it all, this wine cooler comes with dual temperature zones for all types of red, white, or sparkling wines of your choice. And, its lovely insulated and ultra-modern glass door is triple paned and provides UV protection to safeguard the authentic taste and aroma of your precious wines.
- This wine cooler is extremely aesthetically appealing and blends in perfectly with modern decor and architecture.
- A special soft-gold LED light illuminates your collection without generating any heat and damaging your wines.
- It is a dual zone wine refrigerator that allows ample space for all types of wines and ideal serving temperature.
- This wine cooler offers impressive storage space of 160 bottles.
- The front glass door is triple paned and UV resistant.
- You can use this wine cooler as a built-in or freestanding appliance.
- It is a budget-friendly option.
- It also comes with adjustable shelving for your convenience.
- This wine cooler is unsuitable for outdoor usage.
- There are no smart features such as voice command control.
- It does not have any stemware storage.
- Some users have complained about faulty temperature settings.
7. TYLZA Upgraded 189 Bottles Wine Cooler Refrigerator
If you are a wine enthusiast who is looking for wine refrigerators with large bottle capacity, then we highly recommend this TYLZA cooler that is at the very top when it comes to storage and space.
You can store up to 189 wine bottles in this wine fridge and it also comes with 15 beech wood shelves that adds to its looks and appeal. It can be used as a built in or freestanding wine unit and you can even precisely set the temperature level to your liking, for ideal storage of your reds and whites.
Its power compressor, front grille air outlet design provides superb heat dissipation and protects your wines from outside heat sources. It also provides ultra fast, strong, and stable cooling as well as accurate humidity to keep your red wine at optimal levels.
This wine fridge is also equipped with a unique temperature memory function so in case of fluctuation or your unit powering off, it enables the wine fridge to restore the temperature history you set last time when it was running.
Finally, it comes with a white LED light inside that create a lovely hue and ambiance and the double paned glass door is UV resistant and energy efficient.
- This wine cooler provides excellent bottle capacity for storage.
- It comes with a built-in lock for added security.
- The temperature memory function restarts your wine fridge at the same temperature where it stopped.
- The white LED lighting creates a romantic ambiance.
- The 15 beech wood shelves are adjustable and removable for your convenience.
- The automatic defrosting system makes it easy to clean your wine refrigerators.
- The wine cellar has a strong compressor that ensures temperature stability.
- This wine fridge is unsuitable for outdoor use.
- It does not come with smart features like compatibility with Alexa or Google Assistant.
- It does not provide stemware storage.
- It is not a dual zone cooling unit.
8. Lanbo Built-in Dual Zone Wine Cooler
If you are a fan of red and white wines, then you may be looking for an excellent quality dual zone wine cooler. This stunning Lanbo wine refrigerator is perfect for any wine enthusiast who enjoys all kinds of wines and wants to store them at optimal temperatures in a single unit.
Its powerful compressor is vibration free and nearly silent so you can place it anywhere you like without worrying about the noise. It can be used as a built-in or freestanding refrigerator and it also comes with a safety lock to keep your kids from snooping inside.
This wine fridge can accommodate up to 133 bottles and it also comes with beautiful 11 wooden shelves that can be removed to make more storage space for your wines. It comes in an all black compact case and a beautiful silver stainless steel frame and a brown outside glass which complements most home interiors.
It also comes with a carbon filter to circulate fresh air and remove any odors from inside the fridge. Its soft white LED lighting creates a lovely glow inside and the automatic defrosting system makes it easy to clean this dual zone wine refrigerator.
- It is a dual zone wine cellar.
- Its powerful compressor is vibration-free.
- It can be used as a built-in or freestanding wine fridge.
- The built-in lock creates a layer of security.
- The white LED lighting illuminates your wine bottles beautifully.
- This wine fridge comes with a dual door for different compartments.
- It also features a unique smart digital touch control panel
- It comes with a temperature memory function
- It can hold an impressive number of 750ml wines.
- It is extremely budget-friendly.
- It is not suitable for outdoor usage.
- It does not have any smart features like a voice control system.
- It cannot be connected to a Wi-Fi.
- There is no stemware storage.
Factors to Consider When Buying Large Wine Refrigerators
A large refrigerator is a long term investment and it can be quite pricey, which is why we recommend that you do your research well beforehand and ensure that the following factors are fully considered before you make your final purchase.
Since large wine refrigerators require plenty of space inside your house, you need to ensure that the kind of installation required for your wine fridge is appropriate for the space available inside. Some wine fridges require a built-in installation so you will need to make the adequate space in your kitchen or living room where they can be permanently installed. Others are freestanding wine fridges like the TYLZA Upgraded 189 Bottles Wine Cooler Refrigerator that can be easily placed anywhere but you should have a set space for your wine fridge just in case.
When it comes to wine refrigerators, you should know that there are 2 main types of cooling technologies: compressor and thermoelectric cooling technology.
Compressor wine cooler
These are powerful units that effectively compress air and maintain temperature stability inside the fridge.
These are quite common as they can easily cool a large collection over a wide range of temperatures. In addition to this, external temperature does not affect their function.
But, these units are notoriously large and large and aren’t always eco-friendly or energy efficient.
Thermoelectric wine fridges
While these are certainly packed with amazing features, a thermoelectric wine cooler is not as powerful as compressor cooling technology. They take much longer to chill and hold less bottles.
However, they are praised for their versatility, eco-friendly, and energy efficient qualities and features. Additionally, they are lightweight since they do not have compressors. They operate quietly and are free of vibrations.
While most large wine refrigerators will offer impressive bottle capacity, some maybe have other unique features that may lessen the storage area but provide other perks. The LG SIGNATURE InstaView® Wine Cellar Refrigerator is a great example of a wine fridge that is packed with some of the most impressive smart features and also comes with bottom drawers that can be switched to a freezer more, but it only allows a storage of 65 bottles. The Lanbo Built-in Dual Zone Wine Cooler on the other hand can pack 133 bottles easily but it does not have separate drawers or smart features.
It goes without saying that price is a key element to consider when purchasing a large wine fridge. Varieties like the EuroCave Premiere Wine Cellar (Large) can be extremely expensive due to the brand name but others like the Kalamera 157 Bottle Freestanding Wine Cooler are far more affordable. Check which suits your budget and make a well-informed decision accordingly.
Our Verdict on the Best Large Wine Fridges
The best freestanding wine fridge is NewAir 24” Wine Cooler Refrigerator, Large 160. Followed by EuroCave Premiere Wine Cellar (Large) and Kalamera 157 Bottle Freestanding Wine Cooler.
Our top five picks for the best large wine coolers offer a blend of single and dual zone temperature controls, as well as ample capacity, and a reasonable price tag. They keep your wines at optimal temperature and storage conditions without taking too much space or causing hassle.
FAQs about Large Wine Cellars
Are large wine cellars expensive?
Yes, large wine coolers can be expensive depending on the brand and range of features they offer. Some may come with unique smart features and they may also be just as pricey. However, others can be much cheaper and may range from $1200 to $2000.
Can I store other items in my large wine refrigerators?
Yes, you can easily store other items in your large wine refrigerators such as beer cans, sodas, juices, milk bottles, and even other grocery items.
What are some of the best brands for large wine refrigerators?
Some of the best brands for large wine refrigerators include NewAir, EuroCave wine fridge, BODEGA, Kalamera, etc.
Are dual zone large wine coolers better than single zone fridges?
No, dual zone wine refrigerators aren’t always better than single zone wine fridges. Both have different, unique purposes. If you are a wine collector or enjoy the taste of all types of wines, then a dual zone wine cooler will provide you with ample space to store both your reds and whites. If you only enjoy a single type of wine and want to age them or store them for longer periods of time, then a single zone cooler would be a far better choice.
Why Trust Kitchen Infinity?
Our writers and reviewers thoroughly research every aspect of kitchen appliances or home improvement products so you can make a well-informed decision when investing in these products. We evaluate top quality products from several brands within budget friendly price ranges and contrast consumer reviews, surveys, satisfaction forms, brand performance, and annual appliance rankings. We go to great lengths to ensure that your next buy is worth every penny!
Dino is a lifelong writer and home improvement specialist. He enjoys bringing cutting-edge information on home renovation and remodeling to Kitchen Infinity.