Nowadays, most homeowners wish to invest in highly durable, non toxic, best material for cookware options and Caraway cookware alternative that is safer for health, as well as the environment. Non toxic cookware is becoming more popular by the day and much like traditional nonstick pans, cast iron, stainless steel cookware, etc., these pans can withstand daily rough use and can be used to cook all kinds of recipes and cuisines.
I have over 10 years of professional experience cooking, critiquing, and understanding the different types and brands of cookware in the market. With more than 50 hours of thorough research, I have tested numerous non toxic pans that can cook just as beautifully. I also have 2 decades of experience reviewing kitchenware of all types to find the right selection for you.
For this article we have tested the best non toxic cookware available in the market that will aid your cooking while also maintaining your health and safety. Keep on reading!
Best Non Toxic Cookware Top Picks
- 1. Editor's Pick - Caraway Cookware Set
- 2. Best Nonstick - Misen Nonstick Pan
- 3. Best Budget - GreenLife Ceramic Nonstick (16 PC)
- 4. Best Durability - Hexclad Hybrid Cookware Set (6 PC)
- 5. Best Stainless Steel - Made In Non Stick Cookware Set (7 PC)
Jump to Section
List of 7 Top Rated Non Toxic Cookware 2022
1. Caraway Cookware Set
Editor’s Pick for Best Non Toxic Cookware
The stunning Caraway cookware set is our top pick for this list. This non toxic cooking set is the ideal ceramic cookware that comes a fabulous nonstick pan, dutch oven, sauté pan, and a sauce pan. Not only is it a perfect all-rounder for all tasks cooking related – be it simmering, boiling, searing, sauteing, baking, etc., – but it is also suitable for induction cooktops. However, there are Caraway cookware alternative available too!
After we tested it in our lab, we noticed that it comes with a mineral based ceramic surface which requires very little fat to cook your food in, making it a far healthier option than most cooking sets in the market. Additionally, it is easy to wipe clean with a cloth or a sponge and does not require any form of aggressive scrubbing.
This Caraway cookware set is completely free of PTFE, such as Teflon, PFOA, PFAs, and other harmful substances such as lead, cadmium, and toxins. These are notorious for leeching onto your food and when reacting with heat, these release fumes that may result in breathing problems, coughing, etc.
- This non toxic cookware comes with a naturally nonstick ceramic base that requires very little fat to cook your food in.
- This cookware is compatible with induction burners.
- It is a complete cookware set which fulfills all types of cooking requirements.
- It is oven-friendly up to 550ºF.
- This non toxic cookware comes with stainless steel construction and handles.
- It is extremely aesthetically pleasing.
- The caraway cookware non stick pans provides ample cooking surface and area.
- It is extremely easy to clean and maintain.
- It heats food evenly.
- It is not a dishwasher safe non stick cookware.
- Some users have complains that the heat from the pan moves halfway up the handle.
- There have been some negative reviews about the lighter colored sets staining after just a few times cooking.
- The external coating may chip off slightly after a few rounds of cooking.
2. Misen Nonstick Pan
Best Nonstick Non Toxic Pan
If you are on the hunt for one of the best nonstick cookware that is non toxic and versatile, then we recommend this fabulous Misen nonstick frying pan. It ensures that your food slides right off the pan and to the plate with ease and without any bits stuck to the bottom.
Additionally, this nonstick pan is designed to last 250% longer than average, traditional nonstick pans and we noticed this as we tested it with different foods. It also comes with 4x sturdy layers of PFOA-free nonstick, non toxic coating that makes this pan impressively durable, versatile, and super beneficial for your health.
- This non toxic pan feature 4x the layers of PFOA-free coating than average nonstick pans which makes it very durable and super easy to slide your food off to the plate.
- It is oven safe up to 450*F.
- This non toxic cookware is also compatible on all stovetops, including induction.
- Its heat-proof handle stays cool even during the cooking process
- This non toxic cookware comes with a thick aluminum core that enables fast and even heating, as well as heat retention.
- This pan is not dishwasher friendly and requires hand washing.
- While it may be safe against metal utensils, it is recommended that you use only silicone or wood tools for longevity.
- This pan can only be used on low to medium heat
3. GreenLife Ceramic Nonstick (16 PC)
Best Budget-Friendly Non Toxic Cookware
This GreenLife ceramic coated cookware is the most budget-friendly cookware option for all those looking to enjoy a safer and healthier cooking experience, whilst also avoiding an expensive price tag. It comes packed with a range of pots and pans that can help cool all types of recipes. It also comes equipped with utensils to cook your food with without scratching the pan surface.
It was also easy to clean when we tested it as its ceramic coating is derived from sand and is 100% free of PFAS, PFOA, lead, and cadmium, making it a healthier choice than most nonstick surfaces. It is also made from recycled aluminum and strengthened with a wobble-resistant base for even heating. Its handles also remain cool, even during the cooking process.
- This is an extremely budget-friendly non toxic cookware set.
- It comes packed with a variety of ceramic pans and pots, as well as utensils to help you cook all kinds of recipes.
- It is 100% PFOA, PFAS, lead, and cadmium free which makes this non toxic, ceramic cookware a healthier and safer option for you and your family.
- This ceramic cookware is also dishwasher safe.
- The rivetless interior keeps food from sticking and gluing to the crevices of this non toxic cookware.
- Some buyers have complained that the ceramic coating begins to chip off after a few rounds of cooking.
- It may cause your food to stick to the otherwise nonstick surface if you don't add enough grease to the pans.
- Some users have noticed small scratches on the bottom of the cookware set.
4. Hexclad Hybrid Cookware Set (6 PC)
Best Durable Non Toxic Cookware
When it comes to durability, there aren’t many non toxic cookware options that can beat this spectacular Hexclad cooking set. Its patented hexagon design achieved through an intricate laser etching process provides the best of stainless steel cookware as well as nonstick coatings.
This dual surface ensures that you use less oil or butter when cooking your foods, making it a healthier option for those conscious of their diets. It is free of all toxins, thanks to its unique tri-ply construction and keeps your food safe from lingering chemicals that could leech on to it. It is also 100% PFOA free which keeps those harmful chemicals and fumes away.
This non toxic cookware is scratch resistant as we tested it with a variety of sharper metal tools and can be cleaned with even a scorching or a steel wool pad without fear of damage to the base. You can also toss these pans in the dishwasher or use metal utensils with it without worrying too much about damaging your non toxic cookware.
- This Hexclad cookware set is extremely durable thanks to its patented hexagon design created through laser etching for you to benefit the best of stainless steel cookware as well as non toxic cookware.
- It requires little grease to cook your food with, making it a great option for those more conscious about their diet.
- The aluminum in between the base layers conducts heat evenly.
- It is 100% PFOA-free and will not produce harmful fumes when exposed to heat.
- It is scratch resistant and dishwasher friendly.
- This non toxic cookware comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Many users have complained that despite it advertised as nonstick, food items will stick to the surface unless enough grease is added to the pan.
- This non toxic cookware set can be expensive.
- It isn't 100% flat from the bottom so some oil or butter may pool to the sides.
5. Made In Non Stick Cookware Set (7 PC)
Best Non Toxic Stainless Steel Cookware
This Made In non stick set is one of the best stainless steel cookware in the market. Not only is it sleek and fashionable, but it is completely toxin-free and also nonstick.
It comes with pots and pans perfect for simmering, boiling, sautéing, baking, and frying as we tested it in our lab. The high performing PTFE does not give in to heat exposure and the award winning stainless steel construction makes it a great option for your kitchen.
It is oven safe up to 500*F and its PTFE coating is free of PFOA eliminating the risk of inhaling harmful fumes.
- This set is a stainless steel cookware that is completely PFOA free and healthy to cook in.
- It is oven safe up to 500*F
- This stainless steel set is also versatile which means that it can be used to boil, simmer, sauté, fry, bake, etc.
- It is aesthetically pleasing making it a great addition to your kitchen cabinets.
- It provides ample cooking space for all kinds of foods.
- This stainless steel cookware is not dishwasher safe and will have to be cleaned by hand.
- You cannot use metal utensils with this stainless steel set as it may scratch the nonstick bottom easily.
- It can be a pricey purchase.
6. Misen Non Stick Cookware Set (5 PC)
Best Everyday Use Non Toxic Cookware
This Misen cookware comes equipped with every day essential items that can be used to cook the simplest or the most complex of recipes. It features durable nonstick coatings and a spacious cooking area for all varieties of ingredients. It is especially handy when cooking with foods that tend to glue to the bottom.
It is constructed with a thick, commercial grade aluminum which is flat at the base and helps with even cooking and heat retention as we tested it with different foods, much like cast iron pans or stainless steel cookware. On the bottom of each of the item in this set is a stainless steel plate that helps with induction compatibility as well as compatibility with all other stovetops.
- This Misen set comes with all the necessary pots and pans that can aid all types of cooking and recipes.
- It is oven safe up to 450*F.
- Much like enameled cast iron cookware, these pans are flat at the bottom with an aluminum plate which ensures that it can work on all cooktops including induction.
- The thick nonstick coated pans are more durable and the nonstick element is built to last 2.5 times longer than your traditional nonstick cookware.
- This cookware is not dishwasher friendly and required gentle hand washing
- It does not come with additional accessories or utensils.
7. NutriChef Cookware (14 PC)
Best Non Toxic Cookware with Accessories
This NutriChef cookware is just the one for you if you are on the lookout for a complete cooking set that fulfills all your kitchen and cooking needs. Packed with all sizes of pots and pans, as well as utensils, this non toxic cookware stands out for its accessories and the many benefits that come with it.
It includes 1. 5 QT & 2. 5 QT sauce pots with lids, a 5 QT dutch oven pot with a lid, a 12” large frying pan pan, 10” medium frying pan, 8” small frying pan, ladle, pasta fork, spatula, and strainer.
Additionally, this nonstick cookware is 100% PTFE, PFOA, PFOS free which eliminates all risk of inhaling harmful fumes. Its exterior is also heat resistant lacquer so you never have to worry about its color dulling over time. We tested washing and scrubbing its exterior and did not find any scratches but the paint may slightly peel.
All the pots and pans in this set are induction ready as well and are also compatible with other stovetops.
- Unlike most non toxic cookware brands, NutriChef provides a range of accessories with this set that are useful for all types of cooking and recipes.
- These pots and pans feature nonstick coating and are free of PTFE, PFOA, and PFOS.
- The stay-cool handles ensure a comfy grip and keep them from heating up even when cooking.
- This non toxic cookware is also induction ready and compatible with all other stovetops.
- It offers a lifetime satisfaction guarantee.
- Some users have complained that the outer paint begins to chip after washing it once.
- While it advertises stay-cool handles, some have claimed that they heat up a lot during the cooking phase.
- These pots and pans may begin to warp at the bottom after some time of use.
Factors to Consider When Buying Non Toxic Cookware Brands
Non toxic cookware brands are becoming more and more popular each day as homeowners now take more interest in a healthy lifestyle. Many non toxic cookware brands can be expensive but there are a variety of alternative brands and options that you can get instead. Previously we have discussed best copper cookware sets.
There are some factors you should take into consideration when you are purchasing non toxic cookware brands that includes materials such as stainless steel, cast iron cookware, carbon steel cookware, ceramic nonstick coated cookware, etc.
Before you buy non toxic cookware brands, it is essential to check whether they are free of harmful toxins and chemicals such as PFOA, PTFE, lead, and cadmium. Some PTFE non toxic cookware brands may not contain PFOA which is handy. Ensure that whichever cookware you wish to purchase is free of these chemicals so the risk of inhaling harmful fumes is eliminated.
The best non toxic cookware is the Caraway Cookware Set.
It goes without saying that you should always pick non toxic cookware brands that meet your budget. Many of these higher end brands may be more expensive depending on their quality and make but others may be more affordable so always prefer the best material for cookware that is non toxic.
It is important check whether your preferred non toxic cookware brands are also oven safe. Some may not be able to take the heat but the ones listed here are all oven safe. Just make sure that you keep an eye on the temperature and follow the manufacturer’s guidelines.
Induction Stovetop Compatibility
If you have induction cooktops, you will need cookware that has ferrous metals so that it can be detected by the induction cooktop. All the non toxic cookware listed here can work fine on induction cooktops. Always make sure that your new pots and pans are compatible with the stove installed in your kitchen.
We previously listed for you the best ceramic cookware, healthiest non stick pans and the best copper cookware on our blog!
FAQs About the Best Non Toxic Cookware
What is the healthiest form of cookware?
The healthiest form of cookware is pure ceramic cookware or coated ceramic pans. This is because ceramic cookware is free of coatings that leach off the chemicals and stick to your food, making it hazardous in the long run. It is also scratch resistant and retains heat for slow and even cooking.
Are all nonstick pans toxic?
No, not all nonstick pans are toxic. While Teflon is generally safe and stable, it can still react poorly to temperatures over 500*F and the coating may begin to break down, resulting in toxic fumes releasing into the air. Inhaling these may cause coughing, difficulty breathing, and what we call the Teflon flu.
Is scratched stainless steel toxic?
Yes, scratched stainless steel may become toxic if it is in extremely poor condition. This may expose you to chromium and nickel which when consumed in higher amounts can result in dermatitis especially in those individuals who are sensitive to nickel. Badly burnt and old stainless steel pots may do the same.
Is Cast Iron cookware non toxic?
Yes, cast iron cookware is non toxic. It has been used for generations and applauded for its durability and toxic-free cooking experiences when seasoned correctly.
When should you throw away non-stick pans?
You should ideally throw away nonstick pans and replace them with new ones every five years. You can also look at your pans and if they appear discolored, scratched, rusted, or warped, then it is time to stop using them immediately and replace them with new ones.
Our top pick for the best non toxic cookware is the Caraway Cookware Set. This set comes with a smooth ceramic, mineral-based surface that makes it completely non-toxic and allows for easy nonstick cooking.
Our second pick for this selection is the Misen Nonstick Pan. This pan is extremely versatile, spacious, and toxin-free. It comes with extra nonstick coating which makes cooking a lot easier.
Finally, our third pick is the GreenLife Ceramic Nonstick (16 PC). It comes packed with all kinds of pots and pans that are necessary for the simplest and the most complex recipes. Its standout feature is that despite its many advantages, it retails at an extremely affordable price.
Why Trust Kitchen Infinity?
Our writers and reviewers thoroughly research every aspect of kitchen appliances or home improvement products so you can make a well-informed decision when investing in these products. We evaluate top quality products from several brands within budget friendly price ranges and contrast consumer reviews, surveys, satisfaction forms, brand performance, and annual appliance rankings. We go to great lengths to ensure that your next buy is worth every penny!
Dino is a lifelong writer and home improvement specialist. He enjoys bringing cutting-edge information on home renovation and remodeling to Kitchen Infinity.