Replacing a fixed shower head with a handheld one is a task that can be easily accomplished by anyone. All you need are a few basic tools and some patience and you'll be able to change out your shower head in no time.
In this article, we'll show you how to remove an old shower head and install a new handheld one. Let's dive deep into this topic.
Image Credit: https://dengarden.com/
The Process Of Removing A Fixed Shower Head
- The first step is to shut off the water supply to your shower. This will ensure that no water comes out when you remove the old shower head.
- Once the water is shut off, use a pair of pliers or an adjustable wrench to loosen the shower head from the pipe.
- If the shower head is attached with screws, simply remove them with a screwdriver.
- Some shower heads may be glued on. In this case, you'll need to use a utility knife to score around the edge of the shower head and then carefully pry it off with a flathead screwdriver.
- With the old shower head removed, clean up any leftover residue so that the new shower head can be installed easily.
Installing A New Handheld Shower Head
- Start by attaching the new shower head to the pipe.
- If the shower head is attached with screws, simply screw it on by hand until it's tight.
- If the shower head is not screwed on, you may need to use Teflon tape or a plumber's putty to create a seal between the shower head and the pipe.
- Once the shower head is secure, turn on the water supply and check for leaks.
- Adjust the settings on your new shower head as needed and enjoy.
Installing a handheld shower head is a relatively easy task that can be completed by anyone. With a few simple tools and some patience, you'll be able to replace your old shower head with a new one in no time.
Choosing The Right Height For Your Shower Head
A key consideration when installing a new shower head is to make sure that it's the right height for your needs. If you're tall, you'll want to make sure that the shower head is high enough so that you don't have to stoop down to use it.
On the other hand, if you're short, you may want to choose a shower head with an adjustable arm so that you can position it at the perfect height.
Here are the steps to follow to find the right shower head height for you
- Start by measuring the height of your shower head from the floor to the top of the shower head.
- Then, measure the height of your shower from the floor to the top of the showerhead.
- If the two numbers are different, you'll need to find a shower head that can be adjusted to accommodate your height.
- Most adjustable shower heads have a range of about 6-12 inches, so make sure to choose one that will work for your needs.
No matter what your height, there's a handheld shower head out there that's perfect for you. So don't be afraid to experiment until you find the one that works best for your needs.
What Is The Best Handheld Showerhead?
This is a common question that people ask, but no one answer fits everyone. It depends on your needs and what you are looking for in a shower head.
Do you want a shower head with a lot of different settings? Or do you prefer a simpler model?
Do you need a long hose so that you can easily reach all parts of your body?
These are all factors to consider when choosing the best handheld shower head for you.
The bottom line is that there is no “one size fits all” answer to this question. The best way to find the perfect handheld shower head for you is to experiment and try out different models until you find the one that works best for your needs.
In addition, the best hand shower head for your needs may also depend on your budget. There are many high-quality shower heads on the market, but they can also be quite expensive.
If you're working with a limited budget, there are still plenty of great options available. So don't despair if you can't afford the most expensive model.
To sum it up, the best handheld shower head is the one that meets your needs and fits your budget. Take your time to find the perfect one for you and enjoy your new shower experience.
Keeping In Mind The Flow Rate
While most shower heads have a flow rate of 2.5 gallons per minute (GPM), some models are designed for low-flow showers. These shower heads have a flow rate of 1.5 GPM or less and can help conserve water without sacrificing performance.
If you're interested in saving water, look for a low-flow handheld shower head with good reviews. Many of these models come with different settings so that you can still enjoy a powerful shower even with the lower flow rate.
Keep in mind that the flow rate will also be affected by the type of shower head you choose. A high-pressure shower head will use more water than a low-pressure model.
So if you're looking to save water, be sure to choose a low-flow shower head with a lower pressure setting.
Image Credit: https://amarcoplumbing.com/
Final Thoughts On How To Change Fixed Shower Head To Handheld
In conclusion, it is not difficult to change your fixed shower head to a handheld one. You just need the right tools and supplies and follow the instructions carefully. With a little bit of effort, you can have a new shower head that will provide you with flexibility and improved performance.