You've worked hard to build up your wine collection, and now you're looking for a great way to sell it.
It can be tough to find a good marketplace that will buy your best wine coolers and fridges, especially if you don't live in a major city. The process of selling wine can also be long and drawn out. And if you do find one, it can take a long time to sell all of your wine.
Selling your wine cooler online is the perfect solution. You can reach buyers worldwide, and you can sell your wine quickly and easily. We make it easy for you to list your wine and manage your sale from start to finish.
Process of Selling Your Wine Collection
Here are the steps to follow when selling your wine:
- Find the best time to sell your wine collection
- Find the right value for your bottles
- Find the bestselling that attracts the right buyers
- Determine when to sell your, mostly during peak market months
- Complete all the legal paperwork
- Ship the wine to buyers via a trustworthy wine sales company
Why and When You Should Sell Your Wine Bottle
Here are the reasons why you should sell your wine collection:
- You want to free up space in your wine cellar for new ones
- You may also sell your wines because you need money to buy new wines
- Another reason to sell your wine collection is that your cellar is nearing maturity
- You may also be losing interest in some of your wines over the years, and you want to buy new ones to drink
What's the Value of Your Wine?
There are several factors that determine the value of your wine. The value of your wine is a combination of its inherent value and real value. Factors leading to inherent values include:
- History and reputation of the winery
- Classification of the winery
- Vintage quality and weather conditions
- Scarcity or production quantity
- Winemaking techniques
- Critics tasting reviews and ratings
- Aging potential
- Factors affecting the real value include:
- How many previous owners it has had
- Storage conditions, including in-bound storage or storage in a professional warehouse or cellar
And since provenance is paramount for serious wine collectors, a good wine with these factors will have a higher value than a great wine with none of them. The most important factor in any wine's value is its age. The market price for old wines has increased steadily over the last 30 years as investors have sought alternatives to traditional investments such as stocks and bonds. While there are many factors that contribute to a wine's value, these are the three most important.
Types of Wine Buyers Online
It's also important to know who your target market is when selling wine online. There are four main types of wine buyers:
- Wine enthusiasts who are looking to add to their collection
- Restaurants and bars looking for a wine to serve
- Businesses buying wine for corporate events or gifts
- Wine retailers
- Blue chip investors
- Buyers focus on some region, grape varietal, or winery
- Alternative asset managers
Remember, it's not easy to find the right buyers for your wine collection, especially if you're looking for buyers for a single bottle or two from your cellar. This is because buyers prefer cases of bottles in pristine condition as part of a bigger collection that has been perfectly stored. Also, make sure your buyers know how to choose a wine cooler so they don’t return the cooler back after making a purchase.
Where to Sell Your Wine
Choosing your wine selling platform depends on how much you want to earn and what kind of buyers your wine attracts. Here are the different platforms available for selling wine:
Online Wine Auctions
Selling your wine online through an auction is a great way to get the most exposure for your bottles. You can reach buyers all over the world and set your reserve price. You'll have to pay a commission to the auction house, and there's no guarantee your wine will sell.
The auction house would determine that your wines are fit for sale at auction. The experts in the auction house would then value your wine, catalog it, and market it to prospective buyers worldwide. To sell your wine at auction, check out if any auction house or wine exchanges have recently sold similar wines.
Research its market price trends using sites like Liv-Ex and Wine Searcher. Ensure you get a worthwhile return if you sell it now at any other auction house. Also, determine how much you want to sell. Lastly, be clear of how the wine was stored in your wine chiller and its storage history before reaching you.
Online Wine Marketplaces
Another way to sell wine is by listing it on an online marketplace. For example, you can create a seller account on eBay and list your wine there. You can also use Amazon to sell wine, but you have to be a bit careful because they have very strict guidelines. Be sure to read them thoroughly before listing your wine.
Online sales are more convenient for buyers than in-person auction. Buyers love the convenience of being able to buy wine online, compare prices, and have the bottles inspected by an expert cellar team. As a seller, you'll be charged a flat fee that includes shipping to buyers.
Make sure the online marketplace you choose takes utmost care about bottle quality and offers a buyer protection policy.
Sell to Hotels and Restaurant Groups
If you have any connections in the food and beverage industry, you can try selling your wine collection to hotels and restaurants. Many of these establishments are always on the lookout for good quality wines to stock their wine cellars. You can also approach wine merchants and distributors in your area and offer to sell them your collection.
Sell Wine to an Alcohol or Liquor Store
Another option is to sell your wine to an alcohol or liquor store. Many of these stores are always looking for new wines to stock on their shelves. You can approach the store owner or manager and offer to sell them your collection. When targeting a beer or wine shop or liquor or alcoholic beverage store, approach them with solid knowledge about your wines.
Have your pricing details at your fingertips, and understand where your product fits into the alcoholic portfolio of the wine merchant. Figure out if the wine stores sell mainstream wines, specific liquor brands, or varied alcohol selections. If they sell Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon wines and don't have a great Pinot Noir collection, then offer those from your collection.
Ensure the alcohol or wine store has staff to rearrange store displays and actively promote the alcoholic beverages to buyers. You may connect with them online or visit before closing a deal a few times. Show that you're passionate and serious about selling your wines.
DIY Selling Strategies
Now that you know how to sell wine coolers online let's briefly touch on some do-it-yourself strategies for marketing and selling your products. You'll be driving traffic to a site or blog where you're showcasing and selling the wine coolers. Selling wine on your own will give you control of the bottle price, with very low wine sales fees. You'll be building a direct connection with the customer, which could lead to developing a strong relationship and more sales in the future.
Here's how to sell wine on your own:
- Get a liquor license from your state or country to sell wine
- Get approval from your country to ship wine to the buyer's location
- Ensure that the buyer's country allows wine shipments
- Get a reliable shipping company with professional shipping contacts
- pack the wine according to the winery or winemaker standards
Why Should You Sell Your Wine Via an Online Marketplace?
- You will have global reach
- An online marketplace will give you the ability to ship your wine anywhere in the world.
- You can start selling immediately
- It's easy to set up a shop on an online marketplace, and you can start selling right away.
FAQs on How to Sell Wine Cooler Online
Where to sell wine cooler online?
You can sell wine chiller online on a number of platforms, including Amazon, eBay, and Etsy.
How can you sell wine cooler online?
The best way to sell wine cooler online is by finding the right platform for you and your wine cooler. Consider the type of customer you want to reach and the shipping and payment options available.
What are the benefits of selling wine cooler online?
The benefits of selling wine cooler online include having a larger customer base, being able to ship anywhere in the world, and having less overhead costs.
Final Thought on How to Sell Wine Coolers Online
Selling wine coolers online can be a great way to reach a larger customer base and ship your product anywhere in the world. Consider the type of customer you want to reach and the shipping and payment options available before choosing a platform to sell your wine cooler on.