Replacing an old, leaky shower head with a new rain shower head is a great way to improve your bathroom’s appearance and water pressure. A rain shower head can also help conserve water if you choose a model with flow control. While some rain shower heads come with an integrated hand-held shower head, others need to be purchased separately. Either way, installation is easy and can be completed in just a few minutes. While we are on the topic of showers, be sure to also check our guide for straight vs. curved shower curtain rod for your bathroom.
In this article, we will show you how to install rain shower with handheld so you can enjoy the benefits of both types of shower heads. Here's all you need to know.
Image credit: https://www.sunrisespecialty.com/
Tools You Will Need
- Pipe wrench or adjustable wrench
- Teflon tape
- Rain shower head
- Handheld shower head (optional)
These tools can be found at any local hardware store.
- Choose the right shower head for your needs. There are many different types and styles of rain shower heads available on the market. Consider the size of your shower, the water pressure in your home, and your budget when making your selection.
- Remove the old shower head. Unscrew the old shower head from the shower arm using a pipe wrench or adjustable wrench. If the shower head is difficult to remove, you may need to use pliers to loosen it. Be careful not to damage the finish on the shower arm.
- Install the new shower head. Wrap Teflon tape around the threads of the shower arm to create a watertight seal. Screw on the new shower head until it is hand-tight. Use the pipe wrench or adjustable wrench to tighten it an additional ½ turn.
- Connect the handheld to the shower arm. If you are using a handheld shower head, find the adapter that came with it and screw it onto the shower arm. Then, screw on the handheld shower head.
- Test the water pressure and adjust as necessary. Once everything is installed, turn on the water to test the pressure. If the water pressure is too low, you may need to clean out your home’s plumbing system or adjust the restrictor valve.
- Finish up by cleaning up any messes made during installation. Use a damp cloth to wipe down the shower arm and any other surfaces that may have been affected during installation.
Installing a rain shower head with a handheld is a quick and easy project that can be completed in just a few minutes. By following these simple instructions, you can enjoy the benefits of both types of shower heads in your home.
How To Replace Shower Head With Handheld Shower
Let's say you have an old, leaky shower head that you want to replace. And, let's also say that you want to upgrade to a rain shower head with a handheld shower. Here's how you can do it.
- Choose the right shower head for your needs
- Remove the old shower head
- Install the new shower head
- Connect the handheld to the shower arm
- Test the water pressure and adjust as necessary
- Finish up by cleaning up any messes made during installation
Replacing an old, leaky shower head with a new rain shower head is a great way to improve your bathroom’s appearance and water pressure.
Shower Head And Handheld Delta
A handheld delta is another great way to improve your bathroom’s appearance and water pressure.
Some of the key benefits of using a handheld delta include:
- Easy installation
- Increased water pressure
- Improved bathroom appearance
- Ability to conserve water (depending on the model)
If you’re looking for an easy way to upgrade your shower, a handheld delta is a great option.
How To Install A Rain Shower Head With Handheld – FAQ
Is It Easy To Install A Rain Shower Head With A Handheld?
It is easy to install a rain shower head handheld if you have the right tools and know-how. The best handheld showerheads all come with clear instructions, so make sure to read them before starting the installation process.
What Kind Of Tools Do I Need For The Installation?
You will need a Phillips screwdriver, a flathead screwdriver, and a wrench. Most importantly, you'll need to have Teflon tape on hand to seal the connections.
How Do I Take Care Of My New Rain Shower Head With A Handheld?
After each use, it's important to remove the handheld showerhead and rinse it with clean water. This will help prevent any mineral build-up that can damage the showerhead. In addition, you should avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on the showerhead, as they can also cause damage. Finally, be sure to regularly check the connections for leaks and tighten them if necessary.
Image credit: https://www.homedepot.com/
Final Thoughts On How To Install A Rain Shower Head With Handheld
In conclusion, installing a rain shower head with a handheld is not as difficult as it may seem. With the proper tools and a little bit of patience, you can easily install one in your bathroom. Although it may take a few tries to get the perfect angle, once you have it installed, you will be able to enjoy the benefits of a rainfall shower for years to come.