Replacing a standard shower head with a Waterpik shower head can be a great way to improve your shower experience. Not only does it provide greater water pressure, but it also comes with a handy handheld attachment that can be used for bathing pets, cleaning the tub or shower and more. Installing a Waterpik shower head is simple and only takes a few minutes.
In this article, we'll show you how to install a Waterpik handheld shower head in just 6 easy steps. Let's get started.
Image Credit: https://www.waterpik.com/
Steps To Install A Handheld Waterpik Shower Head
- Choose the right shower head for your needs. There are a variety of Waterpik shower heads to choose from, so be sure to select the one that best fits your needs. The best handheld shower heads are those that have a variety of spray settings, so you can customize your shower experience.
- Remove the old shower head. To remove your old shower head, simply unscrew it from the shower arm using a wrench or pliers. If your old shower head is difficult to remove, you may need to use a pipe wrench or other tool.
- Install the new shower head. To install the new Waterpik shower head, screw it onto the shower arm until it is snug and secure. Be careful not to overtighten, as this could damage the finish on your showerhead or cause it to leak.
- Connect the handheld to the shower head. Most Waterpik shower heads come with a detachable handheld shower head that can be used for a variety of tasks. To attach the handheld shower head, simply screw it into the showerhead until it is snug and secure.
- Test the water pressure and adjust as needed. Once you have installed your new Waterpik shower head, turn on the water to test the pressure. If the water pressure is too high or low, you can adjust it by turning the knob at the base of the showerhead.
- Enjoy your new shower. That's it. You're now ready to enjoy your improved shower experience courtesy of your new Waterpik shower head with a handheld attachment. Be sure to read the manufacturer's instructions carefully so that you can get the most out of your new shower head.
Choosing The Right Height For Your New Shower Head
One important consideration when installing a new shower head is to make sure that it is the right height for your needs. The standard height for a shower head is 6 feet, but if you are taller or shorter than average, you may need to adjust the height of your shower head. To do this, simply measure the distance from the floor to the center of the shower arm and add or subtract inches accordingly. For example, if you are 6 feet tall, you will need a shower head that is about 7 inches higher than the center of the shower arm.
The right shower head height ensures that you'll be able to enjoy a comfortable shower that meets your needs.
Shower Head Features To Consider:
When shopping for a new shower head, there are a variety of features to consider in order to find the best one for your needs. Here are some of the most important things to look for:
- Multiple spray settings: A shower head with multiple spray settings is a great way to customize your shower experience. You can choose from a variety of settings, such as a gentle rain setting or a massaging jet setting.
- Adjustable water pressure: If you have low water pressure in your home, you may want to consider a shower head with adjustable water pressure. This feature allows you to increase or decrease the amount of water flowing through the shower head, so you can find the perfect pressure for your needs.
- Easy installation: When installing a new shower head, you want to be sure that it is easy to do. Look for a model that comes with clear instructions and all of the necessary tools for a quick and easy installation.
- Durability: A durable shower head will last for years, so be sure to choose one that is made from high-quality materials. Stainless steel is a good option, as it is resistant to rust and corrosion.
- Warranty: For added peace of mind, look for a shower head that comes with a warranty. This way, you can be sure that your investment is protected in case of any problems.
Your Bathroom In Relation To Your Shower
When choosing a new shower head, you also need to take into consideration the size and layout of your bathroom. If you have a small bathroom, you may want to choose a compact shower head that takes up less space. Conversely, if you have a large bathroom, you may want to opt for a larger shower head with more spray settings.
Another thing to consider is the placement of your showerhead. If your shower is in a corner, you may want to choose a corner-mounted shower head. If your shower is in the middle of the room, you may prefer a center-mounted shower head.
Finally, think about how you will be using your shower. If you like to take long showers, you may want a shower head with a longer hose so that you can move around more freely. If you have young children, you may want a shower head with a pause function so that you can save water while they are bathing.
With so many different types of shower heads on the market, it is easy to find one that is perfect for your needs. Be sure to take into consideration all of the factors mentioned above, and you will be sure to find the perfect shower head for your home.
Increasing Water Pressure
While a Waterpik shower head comes with several water flow settings, you might find that the pressure is not enough for your needs.
If this is the case, there are a few things that you can do to increase the water pressure. First, check to see if there is a built-in flow regulator. If so, you can remove it by unscrewing it from the shower head.
Another thing that you can do is to clean the shower head. Over time, mineral deposits can build up and restrict the flow of water. By cleaning the shower head regularly, you can help to keep it free from obstructions.
Finally, if you have low water pressure in your home, you may want to install a water pressure booster. This device will help to increase the flow of water through your pipes, which can lead to increased water pressure in your shower.
By following these tips, you can be sure to get the most out of your Waterpik shower head.
Image Credit: https://tomstek.us/
Final Thoughts On How To Install A Waterpik Shower Head With Handheld
In conclusion, installing a Waterpik shower head with handheld is not difficult as long as you have the right tools and know-how. Make sure to follow the instructions carefully to avoid any damage to your fixtures or pipes.