To make the perfect 5-Ingredient Quick Frozen Key Lime Pie we've included ingredients and directions for you to easily follow. This recipe is considered a beginner level recipe. The total time to make this recipe will be 4 hr 30 min. This 5-Ingredient Quick Frozen Key Lime Pie will produce enough food for 1 pie.
Depending on your culture or family tradition there can be multiple variations for making this 5-Ingredient Quick Frozen Key Lime Pie recipe. Once you've read through and familiarize yourself with our recommended ingredients and directions, you can add your own twist to this recipe to make it your own! We've included a list of potential cookware or bakeware items below that might be necessary for this 5-Ingredient Quick Frozen Key Lime Pie recipe.
5-Ingredient Quick Frozen Key Lime Pie Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh key lime zest
- 1/2 cup fresh key lime juice
- 1 premade graham cracker pie crust
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Curled lime slices, for garnish, optional
5-Ingredient Quick Frozen Key Lime Pie Directions
- Beat 1 cup of the heavy cream into stiff peaks in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, 2 teaspoons of the lime zest and lime juice. Fold the lime juice/sweetened condensed mixture into the whipped cream.
- Spoon the filling into the pie crust and spread out evenly. Place in the freezer until solid and set, 3 to 4 hours.
- Take the remaining 1 1/2 cups of whipping cream and add the confectioners' sugar. Whip until soft peaks. Spoon the whipped cream over the frozen pie. Garnish with the remaining key lime zest and some curled lime slices if desired.
- Pie Recipes
- Fruit : In botany, a fruit is the seed-bearing structure in flowering plants that is formed from the ovary after flowering.
Fruits are the means by which flowering plants (also known as angiosperms) disseminate their seeds. Edible fruits in particular have long propagated using the movements of humans and animals in a symbiotic relationship that is the means for seed dispersal for the one group and nutrition for the other; in fact, humans and many animals have become dependent on fruits as a source of food. Consequently, fruits account for a substantial fraction of the world's agricultural output, and some (such as the apple and the pomegranate) have acquired extensive cultural and symbolic meanings.
In common language usage, “fruit” normally means the fleshy seed-associated structures (or produce) of plants that typically are sweet or sour and edible in the raw state, such as apples, bananas, grapes, lemons, oranges, and strawberries. In botanical usage, the term “fruit” also includes many structures that are not commonly called “fruits”, such as nuts, bean pods, corn kernels, tomatoes, and wheat grains.
- Lime Recipes
- Dessert : Dessert (/dɪˈzɜːrt/) is a course that concludes a meal. The course consists of sweet foods, such as confections, and possibly a beverage such as dessert wine and liqueur. In some parts of the world, such as much of Central Africa and West Africa, and most parts of China, there is no tradition of a dessert course to conclude a meal.
The term dessert can apply to many confections, such as biscuits, cakes, cookies, custards, gelatins, ice creams, pastries, pies, puddings, macaroons, sweet soups, tarts and fruit salad. Fruit is also commonly found in dessert courses because of its naturally occurring sweetness. Some cultures sweeten foods that are more commonly savory to create desserts.
- Low Sodium
Potential cookware or bakeware items for your recipe
Below are cookware or bakeware items that might be needed for this 5-Ingredient Quick Frozen Key Lime Pie recipe or similar recipes. If certain kitchen tools don't apply, then simply skip to the next one.
- Baking pan
- Cookie sheet
- 9×13 pan
- Muffin pan
- Round cake pan
- Loaf pan
- Tart Pan
- Pie plate
- Bundt pan
- Donut pan
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Oven mitts