To make the perfect 50 Toast Toppers we've included ingredients and directions for you to easily follow.
Depending on your culture or family tradition there can be multiple variations for making this 50 Toast Toppers recipe. Once you've read through and familiarize yourself with our recommended ingredients and directions, you can add your own twist to this recipe to make it your own! We've included a list of potential cookware or bakeware items below that might be necessary for this 50 Toast Toppers recipe.
50 Toast Toppers Ingredients
- Top This…
50 Toast Toppers Directions
- Step 1: Slice 1 to 2 loaves of French bread into 1/4-inch-thick rounds.
- Step 2: Brush each slice with olive oil or melted butter.
- Step 3: Place the rounds on baking sheets and bake at 350 until crisp throughout and lightly golden around the edges, about 15 minutes.
- 1. Spread with goat cheese; top with finely chopped canned beets, an orange segment and fresh mint.
- 2. Spread with fig jam; top with gorgonzola cheese and prosciutto.
- 3. Spread with fig jam; top with goat cheese and chopped walnuts.
- 4. Spread with butter; top with thinly sliced bread-and-butter pickles.
- 5. Spread with hummus; top with olive tapenade.
- 6. Top with sliced figs; drizzle with honey; sprinkle with sea salt.
- 7. Mash avocado with salt and lime juice; spread on toasts; top with shrimp.
- 8. Spread with ricotta cheese; top with chopped roasted red peppers; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 9. Rub with a garlic clove; top with sliced plum tomatoes; sprinkle with sea salt.
- 10. Spread with butter; top with thinly sliced radishes; sprinkle with sea salt.
- 11. Toss canned tuna with lemon juice and zest, olive oil, chopped parsley and salt; spread on toasts.
- 12. Spread with gorgonzola cheese; top with sliced pears.
- 13. Top with chopped grapes and wrap with prosciutto.
- 14. Top with pesto and shaved parmesan cheese.
- 15. Top with pesto, crumbled bacon and chopped tomatoes.
- 16. Top with pesto and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- 17. Spread with mashed avocado; top with crumbled bacon and sprouts.
- 18. Spread with ricotta cheese; drizzle with olive oil; add a dash of salt and pepper.
- 19. Brush with olive oil; add a thin slice of manchego cheese; top with chorizo.
- 20. Chop rotisserie chicken meat and toss with barbecue sauce; spoon onto toasts; top with chopped pickles.
- 21. Combine mayonnaise with wasabi paste; spreadon toasts; top with lump crab meat.
- 22. Combine mayonnaise and wasabi paste; toss finely chopped sushi-grade tuna with sesame oil; spread wasabi mayo on toasts; top with tuna.
- 23. Whip cream cheese with chopped dill; spread on toasts; top with thinly sliced smoked salmon.
- 24. Spread with taleggio cheese; top with candied pecans or walnuts.
- 25. Spread with apple butter; top with crumbled blue cheese and chopped fresh sage.
- 26. Saute finely chopped mushrooms in butter and season with salt and thyme; spread on toasts; top with shaved parmesan cheese.
- 27. Saute thinly sliced onions in butter until caramelized; spread toasts with brie cheese; top with apple slices and caramelized onions.
- 28. Top with thinly sliced apples and grated cheddar cheese; broil until melted.
- 29. Spread with butter; top with thinly sliced ham and a cornichon slice.
- 30. Spread with cranberry sauce; top with thinly sliced turkey; sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- 31. Saute thinly sliced fennel and golden raisins in olive oil until soft; spoon onto toasts.
- 32. Combine cream cheese and chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce; spread on toasts; top with thinly sliced smoked turkey.
- 33. Top with fresh tomato pulp; sprinkle with sea salt and fresh basil.
- 34. Combine refried beans with chopped green chiles; spread on toasts; top with pepper jack cheese and broil until melted.
- 35. Combine equal parts sour cream and cream cheese with horseradish; spread on toasts; top with thinly sliced roast beef.
- 36. Halve asparagus tips lengthwise; steam until al dente and season with salt; spread premade egg salad on toast; top with an asparagus tip.
- 37. Wilt baby spinach and toss with crumbled bacon; spoon onto toasts; top with chopped hard-boiled eggs.
- 38. Toss finely chopped romaine with Caesar dressing and grated parmesan cheese; spoon onto toasts; top with an anchovy.
- 39. Spread with brie cheese; top with thinly sliced ham and a dollop of grainy mustard.
- 40. Spread with mascarpone; top with crumbled bacon and chopped grapes.
- 41. Whip cream cheese with lemon zest; spread on toasts; top with fresh raspberries.
- 42. Spread with Nutella; top with orange marmalade.
- 43. Spread with mascarpone; top with thinly sliced melon and prosciutto.
- 44. Spread with orange marmalade; top with thinly sliced smoked deli turkey and smoked mozzarella cheese.
- 45. Saute thinly sliced apples in butter until soft; spoon onto toasts; top with thinly sliced ham.
- 46. Spread with creamy peanut butter; top with thinly sliced bananas; drizzle with honey.
- 47. Whip peanut butter and marshmallow fluff; spread on toasts; top with shaved chocolate.
- 48. Spread with cream cheese; top with hot pepper jelly.
- 49. Spread with ricotta cheese; drizzle with honey; add a dash of pepper.
- 50. Whip mascarpone and confectioners' sugar; brush toasts with espresso and spread with sweetened mascarpone; top with shaved chocolate and cocoa powder.
- Photography: Main image: Tina Rupp; Small photos: Marko Metzinger/Studio D
- Asparagus : Asparagus, or garden asparagus, folk name sparrow grass, scientific name Asparagus officinalis, is a perennial flowering plant species in the genus Asparagus. Its young shoots are used as a spring vegetable.
It was once classified in the lily family, like the related Allium species, onions and garlic. However, genetic research places lilies, Allium, and asparagus in three separate families—the Liliaceae, Amaryllidaceae, and Asparagaceae, respectively— the Amaryllidaceae and Asparagaceae are grouped together in the order Asparagales. Sources differ as to the native range of Asparagus officinalis, but generally include most of Europe and western temperate Asia. It is widely cultivated as a vegetable crop.
- Crab Recipes
- Shellfish Recipes
- Brie : Brie (/briː/; French: [bʁi]) is a soft cow's-milk cheese named after Brie, the French region from which it originated (roughly corresponding to the modern département of Seine-et-Marne). It is pale in color with a slight grayish tinge under a rind of white mould. The rind is typically eaten, with its flavor depending largely upon the ingredients used and its manufacturing environment. It is similar to Camembert, which is native to a different region of France.
“Brie” is a style of cheese, and is not in itself a protected name, although some regional bries are protected.
- Appetizer : An hors d'oeuvre (/ɔːr ˈdɜːrv(rə)/ or DURV(-rə); French: hors-d'œuvre [ɔʁ dœvʁ] (listen)), appetizer or starter is a small dish served before a meal in European cuisine. Some hors d'oeuvres are served cold, others hot. Hors d'oeuvres may be served at the dinner table as a part of the meal, or they may be served before seating, such as at a reception or cocktail party. Formerly, hors d'oeuvres were also served between courses.
Typically smaller than a main dish, an hors d'oeuvre is often designed to be eaten by hand.
- Lunch : Lunch is a meal eaten around midday. During the 20th century, the meaning gradually narrowed to a meal eaten midday. Lunch is commonly the second meal of the day, after breakfast. The meal varies in size depending on the culture, and significant variations exist in different areas of the world.
- Recipes for a Crowd
Potential cookware or bakeware items for your recipe
Below are cookware or bakeware items that might be needed for this 50 Toast Toppers recipe or similar recipes. If certain kitchen tools don't apply, then simply skip to the next one.
- Cooking pots
- Frying pan
- Cutting board