To make the perfect A Trio of Cheese Logs we've included ingredients and directions for you to easily follow. This recipe is considered a beginner level recipe. The total time to make this recipe will be 1 hr 30 min. This A Trio of Cheese Logs will produce enough food for 12 servings per cheese log.
Depending on your culture or family tradition there can be multiple variations for making this A Trio of Cheese Logs recipe. Once you've read through and familiarize yourself with our recommended ingredients and directions, you can add your own twist to this recipe to make it your own! We've included a list of potential cookware or bakeware items below that might be necessary for this A Trio of Cheese Logs recipe.
A Trio of Cheese Logs Ingredients
- Three 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pizza blend cheese
- 1/4 cup smoked paprika
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup dried parsley
- 2 cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar
- 6 whole pecans plus 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Crackers, for serving
A Trio of Cheese Logs Directions
- Put the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add the garlic and white pepper and mix until well combined. Divide the mixture into 3 even portions; return one portion to the mixer.
- For the pizza cheese log: Add the pizza blend cheese to the cream cheese mixture and mix well until combined. Remove to a work surface and roll into a log with your palms. (The mixture should be slightly sticky but thick enough to easily roll.) Put the smoked paprika on a shallow dish; roll the log in the paprika until completely coated. Roll the cheese log in a sheet of plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Clean the mixer bowl and paddle.
- For the Cheddar Jack and parsley cheese log: Put a second portion of the cream cheese mixture in the mixer bowl. Add the Cheddar Jack cheese and mix well. Remove to a work surface and roll into a log with your palms. Put the dried parsley on a shallow dish and roll the cheese log in the parsley until completely coated. Roll the cheese log in a sheet of plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Clean the mixer bowl and paddle.
- For the sharp Cheddar pecan cheese log: Put the last portion of the cream cheese mixture in the mixer bowl and add the extra-sharp Cheddar. Mix well. Remove to a work surface and roll into a log with your palms. Place the whole pecans down the length of the cheese log. Put the chopped pecans on a shallow dish, then roll the log in the pecans. Use your fingers to press the pecans more firmly into the cheese. Roll the cheese log in a sheet of plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Unwrap the cheese logs and present on a large platter surrounded by plenty of crackers and cheese knives for easy self-service.
- Cream Cheese Recipes
- Appetizer : An hors d'oeuvre (/ɔːr ˈdɜːrv(rə)/ or DURV(-rə); French: hors-d'œuvre [ɔʁ dœvʁ] (listen)), appetizer or starter is a small dish served before a meal in European cuisine. Some hors d'oeuvres are served cold, others hot. Hors d'oeuvres may be served at the dinner table as a part of the meal, or they may be served before seating, such as at a reception or cocktail party. Formerly, hors d'oeuvres were also served between courses.
Typically smaller than a main dish, an hors d'oeuvre is often designed to be eaten by hand.
- Recipes for Parties
- Recipes for a Crowd
Potential cookware or bakeware items for your recipe
Below are cookware or bakeware items that might be needed for this A Trio of Cheese Logs recipe or similar recipes. If certain kitchen tools don't apply, then simply skip to the next one.
- Cooking pots
- Frying pan
- Cutting board