To make the perfect AH, HA! Mac N Cheese we've included ingredients and directions for you to easily follow. This recipe is considered a beginner level recipe. The total time to make this recipe will be 1 hr 30 min. You will need a prep time of approximately 30 min and a cook time of 1 hr. This AH, HA! Mac N Cheese will produce enough food for 20 servings.
Depending on your culture or family tradition there can be multiple variations for making this AH, HA! Mac N Cheese recipe. Once you've read through and familiarize yourself with our recommended ingredients and directions, you can add your own twist to this recipe to make it your own! We've included a list of potential cookware or bakeware items below that might be necessary for this AH, HA! Mac N Cheese recipe.
AH, HA! Mac N Cheese Ingredients
- Salt, as needed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 pounds elbow macaroni
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup processed cheese (recommended: Velveeta)
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 6 cups half-and-half, divided
- 3 cups grated sharp yellow Cheddar, plus 1 cup
- 2 cups grated extra-sharp white Cheddar
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Asiago cheese, grated
- 1 cup grated Swiss Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup grated Muenster cheese
- 1 cup grated fontina cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
AH, HA! Mac N Cheese Directions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water and a tablespoon of oil to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until slightly al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until frothy. Combine the processed cheese, butter, and 2 cups of half-and-half in a large bowl.
- Add the warm macaroni, tossing until the cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the remaining 4 cups of half-and-half, 3 cups of sharp yellow cheddar cheese, the remaining grated cheeses, and seasoning salt and pepper, tossing until completely combined.
- Pour mixture into 4 au gratin dishes, with the remainder in a casserole, and bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of sharp yellow Cheddar cheese on top and place under broiler until golden brown. Serve hot.
- American : American(s) may refer to:
- Macaroni and Cheese : Macaroni and cheese—also called mac and cheese in the United States, and macaroni cheese in the United Kingdom—is a dish of cooked macaroni pasta and a cheese sauce, most commonly cheddar. It can also incorporate other ingredients, such as breadcrumbs or meat.
Traditional macaroni and cheese is a casserole baked in the oven; however, it may be prepared in a sauce pan on top of the stove or using a packaged mix. The cheese is often first incorporated into a Béchamel sauce to create a Mornay sauce, which is then added to the pasta. In the United States, it is considered a comfort food.
- Pasta Recipes
- Monterey Jack Recipes
- Cream Cheese Recipes
- Gruyere Recipes
- Egg Recipes
- Mozzarella Recipes
- Dairy Recipes
- Cheddar : Cheddar most often refers to either:
Cheddar may also refer to:
Potential cookware or bakeware items for your recipe
Below are cookware or bakeware items that might be needed for this AH, HA! Mac N Cheese recipe or similar recipes. If certain kitchen tools don't apply, then simply skip to the next one.
- Cooking pots
- Frying pan
- Cutting board