To make the perfect All-Purpose Meatballs we've included ingredients and directions for you to easily follow. This recipe is considered a beginner level recipe. The total time to make this recipe will be 1 hr 15 min. This All-Purpose Meatballs will produce enough food for 125 meatballs.
Depending on your culture or family tradition there can be multiple variations for making this All-Purpose Meatballs recipe. Once you've read through and familiarize yourself with our recommended ingredients and directions, you can add your own twist to this recipe to make it your own! We've included a list of potential cookware or bakeware items below that might be necessary for this All-Purpose Meatballs recipe.
All-Purpose Meatballs Ingredients
- 5 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
All-Purpose Meatballs Directions
- To make the meatballs, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, milk, cream, parsley, mustard, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Mix together well with your hands. Scoop out 1-tablespoon portions and roll them into balls with your hands. Place the meatballs onto parchment-lined baking sheets and put the baking sheets in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes for the meatballs to firm up.
- To brown the meatballs, heat the olive oil in a heavy pot or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs in batches, making sure not to overcrowd the pot. Cook, turning the meatballs to make sure they brown all over, 5 to 7 minutes per batch. Drain on paper towels.
- Freezer instructions: Put the cooked meatballs in a single layer on baking sheets and put into the freezer. When frozen, divide them into freezer bags, 25 per bag, and return them to the freezer.
- Meatballs : A meatball is ground meat rolled into a small ball, sometimes along with other ingredients, such as bread crumbs, minced onion, eggs, butter, and seasoning. Meatballs are cooked by frying, baking, steaming, or braising in sauce. There are many types of meatballs using different types of meats and spices. The term is sometimes extended to meatless versions based on vegetables or fish; the latter are also commonly known as fishballs.
- Main Dish
Potential cookware or bakeware items for your recipe
Below are cookware or bakeware items that might be needed for this All-Purpose Meatballs recipe or similar recipes. If certain kitchen tools don't apply, then simply skip to the next one.
- Cooking pots
- Frying pan
- Cutting board