To make the perfect Almond Cake we've included ingredients and directions for you to easily follow. This Almond Cake will produce enough food for Serves 8 to 10.
Depending on your culture or family tradition there can be multiple variations for making this Almond Cake recipe. Once you've read through and familiarize yourself with our recommended ingredients and directions, you can add your own twist to this recipe to make it your own! We've included a list of potential cookware or bakeware items below that might be necessary for this Almond Cake recipe.
Almond Cake Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup lukewarm milk
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almonds (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, separated, at room temperature
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup almond liqueur or dark rum
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Confectioners' sugar
Almond Cake Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour an 8- or 9-inch springform pan.
- Dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm milk, and let proof until foamy.
- Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and bake until they are lightly toasted, 2 to 3 minutes. Let cool, then place them in a food processor fitted with the metal blade, add 2 tablespoons of the sugar, and pulse until the almonds are very finely chopped but not pulverized. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks with 3/4 cup of the sugar until pale yellow. Beat in the butter. Add the honey, yeast mixture, liqueur, and almonds, and beat to combine. Add the flour in two or three additions, mixing thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites with the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar until stiff. Gradually fold the whites into the almond mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, shaking the pan to distribute the batter evenly.
- Place the pan on the middle rack of the preheated oven and bake for about 40 minutes, or until a thin knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for about 10 minutes, then remove the sides of the pan and let the cake cool on a rack completely before serving.
- Low Sodium
Potential cookware or bakeware items for your recipe
Below are cookware or bakeware items that might be needed for this Almond Cake recipe or similar recipes. If certain kitchen tools don't apply, then simply skip to the next one.
- Baking pan
- Cookie sheet
- 9×13 pan
- Muffin pan
- Round cake pan
- Loaf pan
- Tart Pan
- Pie plate
- Bundt pan
- Donut pan
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Oven mitts