To make the perfect Al's Breakfast French Toast Batter we've included ingredients and directions for you to easily follow. This recipe is considered a beginner level recipe. The total time to make this recipe will be 20 min. You will need a prep time of approximately 5 min and a cook time of 15 min. This Al's Breakfast French Toast Batter will produce enough food for 6 servings.
Depending on your culture or family tradition there can be multiple variations for making this Al's Breakfast French Toast Batter recipe. Once you've read through and familiarize yourself with our recommended ingredients and directions, you can add your own twist to this recipe to make it your own! We've included a list of potential cookware or bakeware items below that might be necessary for this Al's Breakfast French Toast Batter recipe.
Al's Breakfast French Toast Batter Ingredients
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 thick slices good quality bread or brioche
Al's Breakfast French Toast Batter Directions
- Powdered sugar, jam, syrup, or honey, for serving
- Whip all of the ingredients together in a medium shallow bowl. Cook's Note: For lower cholesterol remove half the egg yolks and add 1 egg white.)
- Heat a griddle pan over medium-low heat.
- Dip a slice of bread in the batter and let it soak for up to a minute or just a few seconds. Fry on the griddle until brown and cooked through, turning once. Repeat with remaining bread and batter. Serve with powdered sugar, jam, syrup, or honey.
- Easy Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast : Breakfast is the first meal of the day eaten after waking from the night's sleep, in the morning. The word in English refers to breaking the fasting period of the previous night. There is a strong likelihood for one or more “typical”, or “traditional”, breakfast menus to exist in most places, but their composition varies widely from place to place, and has varied over time, so that globally a very wide range of preparations and ingredients are now associated with breakfast.
- French Toast Recipes
Potential cookware or bakeware items for your recipe
Below are cookware or bakeware items that might be needed for this Al's Breakfast French Toast Batter recipe or similar recipes. If certain kitchen tools don't apply, then simply skip to the next one.
- Cooking pots
- Frying pan
- Cutting board