Although your ice maker is not working correctly, it does not mean that you have to replace it. Oftentimes the problem can be fixed by resetting the machine. In this blog post, we will show you how to reset your Scotsman ice maker.
So if you are experiencing problems with your ice maker, follow these simple steps to try and fix the issue. Come on, let's get started!
My Top Tips To Try
The following are the top tips you can try if your Scotsman ice maker isn't working:
Video: Resetting a Scotsman Prodigy Cuber
1. Check To Make Sure That The Scotsman Ice Maker Is Turned On.
While this may seem obvious, it is always worth checking to make sure that the Scotsman ice maker is turned on. Sometimes, the ice maker can be turned off by accident and this will prevent it from working properly.
To check if the ice maker is turned on, look for a switch or power button on the Scotsman ice maker itself. If you cannot find a switch or power button, check your user manual for more information.
2. Try Resetting The Scotsman Ice Maker.
If the ice maker is turned on and it still isn't working, you may need to try resetting it. This can often fix minor issues with the Scotsman ice maker and get it working again.
To reset the Scotsman ice maker, unplug it from the power outlet and then plug it back in. Once it is plugged back in, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds. This will reset the ice maker and hopefully get it working again.
3. Clean The Scotsman Ice Maker And Make Sure There Is No Build-Up Of Ice Or Water That Is Blocking It From Working Properly.
If the Scotsman ice maker is still not working after you have tried resetting it, you may need to clean it. Over time, ice and water can build up inside the ice maker and this can block it from working properly.
To clean the Scotsman ice maker, start by unplugging it from the power outlet. Then, remove any ice or water that has built up inside it. Once the ice maker is clean, dry it off and then plug it back into the power outlet.
Experts have talked about cleaning Scotsman ice maker on our blog.
4. Make Sure That The Water Line Going To The Scotsman Ice Maker Is Not Frozen Or Blocked In Any Way.
If there is no build-up of ice or water inside the Scotsman ice maker and it is still not working, you may need to check the water line going to it. Sometimes, the water line can become frozen or blocked, which will prevent water from reaching the ice maker.
To check the waterline, start by unplugging the Scotsman ice maker from the power outlet. Then, locate the water line going to the ice maker and make sure that it is not frozen or blocked. If the water line is frozen, thaw it out with a hairdryer. If the water line is blocked, try flushing it out with warm water.
5. If All Else Fails, You May Need To Call A Professional To Come And Take A Look At Your Scotsman Ice Maker.
If you have tried all of the tips above and the Scotsman ice maker still isn't working, you may need to call a professional to come and take a look at it. A professional will be able to diagnose the problem and recommend the best course of action.
Resetting A Scotsman Ice Maker – FAQ
Why did my Scotsman ice maker stop working?
There are plenty of reasons why your Scotsman ice maker has stopped working, but here are the most common reasons.
- Water supply has frozen
- Clogged water supply
- Inadequate power supply (tripped circuit or a blown fuse)
Where is the reset button on the Scotsman ice maker?
The reset button is usually located at the bottom of the Scotsman ice maker unit or in some cases at the top or on the bottom of the ice tray. Once located, press the button down for a few seconds until you hear a beep sound. Once reset, check if the problem has been solved.
How long does it take for Scotsman ice maker to reset?
Normally it takes anywhere between 5-10 minutes to reset a Scotsman ice maker.
How do you fix an ice maker that is not making ice?
To fix a Scotsman ice maker that is not making ice, start by checking the water supply and making sure that the unit is turned on. If that doesn't solve the problem, you may need to empty the unit and clean it according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Final Thoughts On How Do I Reset My Scotsman Ice Maker?
In conclusion, resetting your Scotsman ice maker is a pretty easy process. You just need to follow the steps that are laid out in this article and you should be able to do it without any issues. Just make sure that you disconnect the power before you start working on it and then reconnect it once you're done.
We have instructions for resetting ice makers of other brands than Scotsman in the chart below. Be sure to check it out.
How To Reset an Ice Maker By Brand
- Resetting Scotsman Ice Maker
- Resetting Frigidaire Ice Maker
- Resetting Zokop Ice Maker
- Resetting Euhomy Ice Maker
- Resetting Newair Ice Maker
- Resetting Dreamiracle Ice Maker
- Resetting Antarctic Star Ice Maker
- Resetting Freezimer Ice Maker
- Resetting Maxx Ice Ice Maker
- Resetting ARLIME Ice Maker
- Resetting Crownful Ice Maker
- Resetting Free Village Ice Maker
- Resetting Northair Ice Maker
- Resetting Silonn Ice Maker
- Resetting Trustech Ice Maker
- Resetting Simoe Ice Maker
- Resetting Costway Ice Maker
- Resetting hOmeLabs Ice Maker
- Resetting Okada Ice Maker
- Resetting Igloo Ice Maker
- Resetting ADT Ice Maker
- Resetting LG Ice Maker
- Resetting Samsung Ice Maker
- Resetting Kitchenaid Ice Maker
Download Free Chart Now!
Your email will be used only to confirm your request and to provide free kitchen information. By submitting your info on this form, you are agreeing to be contacted regarding your service request by means of email. This is no obligation form and doesn’t require you to purchase any service.