Top 7 Best Microwave Toaster Oven Combo Reviews & Buying Guide 2023
- by Kristina Perrin
- Last Updated: April 12, 2023
Everyone loves versatility in the home.
And when such a piece of equipment can also speed up our process, it’s even more bliss. And this is what a microwave toaster oven combo brings to any kitchen it sits in.
But not all toaster oven combos are worth your investment. In this article, you’ll know the best microwave toaster ovens that are the best bang for your buck.
What is a Convection Microwave Toaster Oven Combo?
A microwave and toaster oven combo is a kitchen appliance that combines the features of both a microwave and a toaster.
This enables you to heat food like a regular microwave and also cook with its toaster or oven function. But if you’re not interested in getting the combo, you can also get budget toaster ovens after looking at the reviews of the best toaster ovens.
So when you buy one of the best microwave toaster ovens, you’re getting two products in one. And one such toaster oven is the convection oven which uses convection technology.
How Does A Convection Oven Toaster Combo Work?
A convection oven uses a convection fan (or more) and an extra heating element to circulate hot air around the internal cooking chamber. This way, it’s able to heat both inside and outside of your food uniformly and in speed time to produce perfect results.
If you’re interested in only getting a convection oven, here are some reviews of the best convection ovens so you can make an informed decision. We’ve evaluated each one after testing but let’s learn a little more about this appliance!
What are The Advantages of a Toaster Oven Microwave Combo?
We’ve already established that toaster oven microwave combos combine two pieces of cooking equipment in one. So let’s explore more of its benefits:
Versatility and convenience
A toaster oven microwave combo is a multifunctional gadget that can toast, bake, broil, and warm food. Some even come with more functions and others have specific functions for various items. Some even have an air fryer and rotisserie functions amid other cooking capabilities.
Such versatility makes it easy to use. Plus it can serve as a replacement for regular microwaves and built-in ovens.
Cooks food faster
The convection microwave oven can cook food in 30 – 50% less time than the regular oven. So when you get a convection toaster oven combo, your breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be ready to serve in speed time.
Makes food taste better
Toaster oven microwave combos make your food crispier and tastier. They’re able to lock in your food’s juices to make the food taste nice.
So choose the best microwave toaster oven today and observe how nice your pizza tastes.
Saves Kitchen space
First, this kitchen appliance combines the features and functions of 2 or more kitchen appliances in 1. So it won’t make your kitchen look cluttered with several machines sitting around the countertop or shelves.
Secondly, it’s compact and will sit nicely on most countertops without taking up too much space.
A common question is if the toaster oven microwave combo is worth the price.
These models are well worth the purchase as they’re inexpensive options for replacing your built-in oven. And the speed with which they cook plus the other cool features they possess make them worth every penny you’re willing to spend on them.
Are Microwave Toaster Oven Air Fryer Combos Useful?
Microwave toaster oven air fryer combos are extremely useful as they save you time and money, and you can cook your foods without using oil. The compact variety also takes little space on your counter and is easier to clean than traditional ovens, fryers, etc.
Our Top Microwave Toaster Oven Combo Picks
- 1. Best Microwave Toaster Oven - Breville BOV800XL
- 2. Best Budget Friendly - BLACK+DECKER TO3240XSBD
- 3. Best Compact - Cuisinart TOA-60
- 4. Best Countertop Microwave - Panasonic Oven NN-SN686S
- 5. Best Aesthetic - Nostalgia RMO4AQ Retro
Jump to Section
1. Breville BOV800XL Smart Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ
- Customer reviews: 4.6 of 5
- Weight: 20 pounds
- Cooking settings: 10 (Toast, Broil, Bake, Bagel, Pizza, Roast, Reheat, Warm, Cookies, and Slow cook
- Warranty: 1 year
- Capacity: 6 slices of bread or 13-inch pizza
- Dimensions: 15.7 x 18.5 x 11
The awesome qualities of the Breville BOV800XL Smart Convection Toaster Oven put it in a league of its own.
And its 1800 watts means this appliance is very energy-efficient as it can cook your meal in 30% less time. IMPRESSIVE!
First, this microwave toaster oven combo we tried evenly cooks and browns your food using advanced convection technology. This makes your food crispier, healthier, and tastier.
Next, this convection microwave isn’t called a smart oven for no reason. The built-in Element IQ detects the food loaded in the cavity and produces smart heat to cook it and yield perfect results.
And then the LCD screen clearly shows you the various cooking functions to choose from, the time to cook your meal, and the temperature.
Another exciting feature that makes the Breville Smart Microwave Toaster Oven one of the most important kitchen appliances is its ability to feed a mid-sized family. It’s got an extra-large interior that can bake 6 bread slices or fit a 13-inch pizza.
With its 9 cooking settings, you won’t be left guessing which temperature is appropriate for cooking a meal. Added to its basic presets, it has a slow cook function to simmer food items for up to 10 hours.
And the tempered glass allows you to see the progress of your content without opening the door. Plus when we tested it out, the interior light comes on when you open the door and notifies you when your meal is done.
Another feature worth mentioning is its ease of use: you can easily turn the dials to select your desired function and adjust the temperature and time of your cooking.
The Breville BOV800XL Smart Microwave Oven Combo comes packed with lots of premium features. And these make it the best microwave toaster oven combo in 2023 by a distance. For instance, compared to the Black+Decker model we evaluate later, the Breville BOV800XL Smart Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ one has a larger interior and more heating elements which justify its price.
- The Breville BOV800XL Smart Convection Oven uses advanced convection technology to cook food 30% faster than regular ovens.
- The kitchen appliance is energy-efficient and has an Element IQ that evenly cooks and browns food.
- The oven toaster is made of silver stainless steel that will look great on your countertop and won’t take up much kitchen space.
- The extra-large capacity can cook for 6 people.
- It has internal lighting to illuminate the chamber when you open it and notify you that your meal has been cooked.
- There were rare complaints of the oven toaster not lasting as long as expected.
2. Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN686S with Inverter Technology and Genius Sensor
- Customer reviews: 4.5 of 5
- Dimensions: 15.81 x 20.69 x 12.25 inches
- Warranty: 1 year
- Weight: 25.5 lbs.
- Cooking settings: 14 preset
The first thing we love about the Panasonic NN-SN686S microwave oven is its sleek design.
The 1.2 cubic feet compact countertop oven will add splendor to any kitchen it graces. However, after evaluation, its performance outweighs its looks.
This kitchen appliance comes with 14 pre-built functions that you can use to cook a variety of foods; oatmeal, quinoa, soup, rice, pasta, frozen foods, fresh and frozen vegetables, etc.
But what’s more interesting is how it cooks meals. The Panasonic microwave and toaster oven combo uses Panasonic’s patented Inverter Technology to produce a consistent stream of power.
This cooking pattern and the microwave’s Genius sensor (temperature control sensor) prepare (delicate) food evenly without overcooking it (even at low temperatures).
And the result? A perfectly cooked or browned meal that pleases the palates.
Furthermore, the advanced Inverter Turbo Defrost, as the name implies, speeds up defrosting time so your frozen foods preheat quickly before being cooked or broiled. You can broil your veggies, soups, and desserts warm for whenever you’re ready to eat.
Another interesting feature of the Panasonic NN-SN686S we noticed while testing is that this 1200-watt equipment cooks food with 30 – 50% more power than conventional ovens. While the Panasonic Oven NN-SN686S is a countertop microwave with a sleek design and a variety of cooking presets, the Breville BOV800XL has exceptional versatility for cooking but comes with a high-end price point which is why you may want the Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN686S with Inverter Technology and Genius Sensor model instead.
The device is also easy to use as it features push-button controls instead of knobs and an intuitive 4-digit display.
The Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN686S is an all-around top performer that reflects Panasonic’s status as one of the best electrical appliance brands in the world.
- The innovative inverter technology cooks food quickly so you don’t have to wait long to enjoy your fish.
- While many other microwaves can cook food with great speed, the inverter tech saves your food from getting burned.
- The compact build also makes it suitable for an undercounter toaster oven if you prefer to keep your countertop looking free and neat. To explore more options of undercabinet toaster ovens, here are some options for you!
- The impressive 1.2 cubic feet interior space for a compact toaster oven.
- It comes with a child lock feature to ensure the safety of your kids and elderly ones living in your home
- Easy-to-use countertop oven with push buttons and an intuitive display.
- The innovative inverter tech may make the kitchen equipment difficult to repair if it goes bad.
- Some users complained that their oven wasn’t as durable as expected.
3. BLACK+DECKER TO3240XSBD Convection Countertop Toaster Oven
- Cooking settings: 4 presets (Bake, broil, toast, and warm)
- Warranty: 2 years
- Dimensions: 15.75 x 24.45 x 13.7 inches
- Weight: 15.25 lbs.
- Customer reviews: 4.5 of 5
This microwave oven has got an impressive extra-wide interior that can fit 8 slices of bread or a 9 x 13” oven pan. Making the appliance large enough to cook for mid-sized and large families.
This 1500-watt convection oven cooks food very fast by circulating hot air around the cavity to produce yummy, perfectly brown meals. This makes the model a smarter choice than regular ovens.
It also has a maximum temperature of 450 Celsius. The 60-minute timer with a stay-on feature can also let you cook for extended periods.
Another feature worth mentioning is its shade selector that you can use to choose how brown you want your meal to be.
And BLACK+DECKER TO3240XSBD Convection Countertop Toaster Oven has four basic functions that make selecting your desired cooking temperature very easy.
After trying it out, it’s also easy to clean as it comes with a removable crumb tray. Other accessories in the package include a baking tray and a broil rack. So compared to the Breville BOV800XL, which stands out with its large interior and 5 quartz heating elements making it ideal for cooking a wide range of dishes, the BLACK+DECKER TO3240XSBD Convection Countertop Toaster Oven model offers convection heating at an affordable price point.
- It’s got an extra-wide interior that can carry a 12-inch pizza or a 9 x 13” oven pan.
- Its convection technology makes it cook food better and faster than regular microwave ovens.
- The BLACK+DECKER TO3240XSBD has a dedicated timer and a 60-minute timer that allows for cooking for extended periods.
- The gadget has 4 basic presets that make using it effortless.
- And it’s got a maximum temperature of 450 Celsius.
- It comes packaged with some accessories such as a baking pan, broil rack, and pull-out crumb tray.
- There were complaints the appliance didn’t heat to the specified temperature.
- Some users complained that the oven wasn’t durable.
4. Nostalgia RMO4AQ Retro Large Toaster Oven
- Customer reviews: 4.5 of 5
- Dimensions: 19 x 17.9 x 11 inches
- Capacity: 0.9 cubic feet
- Warranty: 1 year
- Weight: 30 pounds
The Nostalgia RMO4AQ is a beauty that doesn’t employ convection cooking in its process.
So it’s like your traditional microwave, albeit, with some pretty cool features that are enough to make it feature on the list of the best microwave oven combos.
First, it’s a combination oven, in that it’s got a grilling element in addition to its basic microwave heating technology. The microwave also produces crispy results that you’ll enjoy chowing.
The smart kitchen appliance also comes with a digital control panel that’s super easy and straightforward to use. We tested this out and you can’t really get confused!
With the push-button controls, you can choose from the auto-cook presets if you’re not sure what temperature will be appropriate for your cooking. Or you could choose from any of the 10 power levels to cook your food real quick and make it crispy.
The Nostalgia RMO4AQ is built with scratch-resistant ceramic enamel that’s easy to clean and maintain.
And despite the microwave oven is quite heavy, it fits well on the kitchen counter. And the shiny exterior black mirror finish will elevate the décor of your home.
The Nostalgia RMO4AQ Countertop Grill Microwave Oven might not be the best microwave toaster oven but it’s got some decent features. You may want this model because it’s compact, affordable, and aesthetic but compared to the Breville BOV800XL, the Nostalgia RMO4AQ Retro Large Toaster Oven does not give you much versatility when it comes to cooking.
- The microwave combo oven comes with a grilling element that helps to make food crispy.
- The grill function thoroughly cooks meat and improves its taste.
- The 1.4 cubic feet shiny mirror-like exterior makes the oven elevate the décor of the countertop.
- The auto-cook presets and 10 power levels make cooking a breeze.
- And the ceramic enamel interior is scratch-resistant and easy to clean.
- The low wattage makes food cook for a little longer duration.
5. COSORI CO130-AO Countertop Air Fryer Toaster Oven with Rotisserie and Dehydrator
- Customer reviews: 4.6 of 5
- Capacity: 6 bread slices or a 13-inch pizza
- Cooking settings: 12 (Toast, roast, bake, broil, bagel, air fry, ferment, pizza, cookies, rotisserie, roast, and dehydrate
- Warranty: 1 year
- Dimensions: 22.7 x 19.6 x 16.6 inches
- Weight: 19.6 lbs.
This COSORI microwave oven model comes with an outstanding 12 pre-cook settings. That’s more than any other combination oven on this list.
And the manufacturers of this appliance have ensured there’s hardly any culinary need this bad boy can’t take care of with ease. Furthermore, it’s got a removable wire rack that makes the inner cavity accommodate larger foods including a whole-size chicken or turkey.
Among the 12 pre-cook settings, this microwave toaster combo has an air fryer function that can fry foods yielding up to 85% less fat. And this COSORI CO130-AO Countertop model has a convection fan and 5 heating elements that make food evenly cook faster.
And then it has an oven light that illuminates and beautifies the oven’s interior.
It also comes with some accessories so you don’t bother your head about looking for the perfect tray to fit in your countertop microwave combo. They include a pull-out crumb tray, a food tray, a rotisserie fork set, a rotisserie handle, and a wire rack.
- It has a rotating rotisserie for perfectly roasting meat.
- Comes programmed with 12 presets to address most of your cooking needs.
- The extra-large interior is roomy enough for a not-so-large family.
- The air fry function fries your food resulting in a tastier and healthier meal.
- There were rare complaints of the glass door shattering.
- Even though it’s got a removable crumb tray, some customer reviews mentioned it was quite difficult to clean.
6. Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Oven Air Fryer
- Cooking functions: 7 (Air fry, convection bake, convection broil, broil, toast, bake, and warm)
- Warranty: 3 years
- Dimensions: 15.5 x 16 x 14 inches
- Weight: 21 lbs.
- Capacity: 0.6 cubic feet
- Customer reviews: 4.5 of 5
When you need an excellent cooker in your home, the Cuisinart TOA-60 Air Fry Microwave Toaster Oven Combo is your go-to oven.
And it is the number 1 ranked toaster oven on Amazon for good reasons. Let’s evaluate this model a little more.
First, we love the fact that this convection oven combo doesn’t only have a microwave function but has a built-in air fryer. So it can air fry your food to produce crunchy, crispy, and healthy results without oil.
And the 1800-watt convection oven is also very energy-efficient as it uses ultra-hot air to cook meals in speed time. Plus it’s got a 60-minute timer that auto-shuts off when cooking is done so your food doesn’t get burnt. Ever!
The compact combination oven is one that’ll sit nicely on any small kitchen counter whether it’ll be in a student’s dorm, an RV, or a house occupied by an individual or a family. And the large interior will be enough to air fry and convection roast a 4-pound chicken or toast a 12-inch pizza.
But that’s not all.
The Cuisinart TOA-60 Microwave Combo with Air Fryer has 7 cooking presets, meaning there’s a cooking option for just about any food item. In addition to its Air Fry feature, you can choose how brown you want your bread to be.
The spacious non-stick interior also makes it easy to clean. The Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Microwave Toaster Oven Air Fryer comes with accessories including a baking pan, an oven rack, and an air fryer basket.
If you’re looking for a combination oven that will save you both money and countertop space, the Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Microwave Toaster Oven Combo with Air Fryer is your best bet.
It’s reliable, durable, and cooks healthy meals very fast.
- This Cuisinart unit has enough room to toast a 12-inch pizza, 6 slices of toast, and air fry chicken wings, French fries, etc
- It was designed for people with small countertop space.
- The ultra-hot air circulation in the convection oven is such that it cooks and browns food evenly in speed time.
- The oven comes with a baking pan, an oven rack, and an air fryer basket.
- The internal oven light lets you monitor your cooking, and its non-stick interior makes it easy to clean.
- The Cuisinart TOA-60 has 7 cooking settings including an Air Fry function.
- It has a 60-minute timer with an auto shut-off feature and shade selector to choose how brown you want your food to be.
- It’s the best ranked toaster oven on Amazon.
- The knobs are made of low-quality materials.
- Some customers complained of the control panel labels wearing away.
7. Panasonic FlashXpress NBG110P Compact Toaster Oven with Double Infrared Heating
- Cooking settings: 6 auto cook settings (Toast, Waffle, Roll, Pizza, Quick, and Hash Brown)
- Customer reviews: 4.6 of 5
- Dimensions: 12 x 13 x 10.25 inches
- Weight: 7.5 pounds
- Capacity: 4 slices of bread or a 12-inch pizza
This is the second of two tested Panasonic products on this list.
And the first thing we love about the Panasonic FlashXpress microwave oven is its double infrared heating system that makes cooking possible without preheating your food.
The front infrared heating (made of quartz and ceramic heating elements) element of the oven heats the outside of your meal, while the infrared heating at the back cooks the inside.
This way, the device cooks (or browns) your food to perfection.
Another cool feature of this model is its ability to heat, reheat, and defrost hash browns, pizzas, waffles, rolls, veggies, French fries, etc. And the device is easy to operate as it can be controlled by pushing the buttons instead of turning knobs.
When you open the door, the rack gently comes out with it for ease of access. And it’s also got a touch-button temperature control sensor to set your cooking to its precise temperature.
And finally, the Panasonic FlashXpress NBG110P silver stainless silver finish makes it look adorable on the counter.
- The double infrared heating system makes the toaster oven heat both the inside and outside of foods perfectly.
- It has touch buttons that are easy to use.
- It cooks a variety of food very fast.
- The transparent door and interior lights make it easy to monitor the food items in the cavity.
- There were rare complaints of the model not working properly.
Buyer’s Guide: Choosing the Right Microwave Toaster Oven Combo for Your Kitchen
There are lots of microwave toaster ovens on the market, and if you’re not guided, you may spend your money on a device that you’ll find yourself returning within weeks or even days.
So here are the factors you should look out for when buying the best microwave toaster oven and trying it out yourself.
The more pre-programmed cooking settings your next (or first) microwave toaster will have, the merrier.
This way, you’ll be able to easily set a function, and the equipment will automatically set the right temperature to cook that meal. If you like air frying foods, you can go for an option that has this feature rather than one that has 10 functions without an air fryer.
Size and capacity
A countertop oven that will look too big on your countertop will “succeed” in making your kitchen look awkward. Which is what you don’t want. And a model that will be too small to feed your family won’t also be an ideal choice.
So always double-check the dimensions of a model and see if it fits the measurement of your counter. And if your counter is very small, maybe try an undercounter option instead. Also, ensure that the one you’re going for will be able to cater to your living condition and your family’s needs
Another thing to consider is that these appliances produce heat and would need enough space for ventilation. So also allow a space of 3 inches for every side.
The most important feature of a microwave toaster oven is how much power it carries. It’s no use buying a unit that takes the whole day to cook your meal.
So the more power an oven combo has, the faster it will cook your meal. And the more it’ll conserve your energy. On average, models with a minimum 0f 950 watts will do just fine. While those ranging from 1200 to 1800 watts will do marvelously well.
Ease of use
You don’t want an appliance that’s difficult to understand.
Whether it has a digital control panel or it uses dial knobs, it should be easy to use. The timer and temperature should be easy to adjust to your preference, too.
Also, a gadget with an LCD will be intuitive and engaging to use. And internal lighting can make it easy to see an oven’s content without opening its door.
Ease of cleaning
Some appliances come with a non-stick interior that you can clean up easily. This way, particles won’t stick to the interior cavity and become a menace.
Some others have pull-out crumb trays to catch escaped breadcrumbs. This way, both the machine and your kitchen will look tidy after every cooking exercise.
Safety becomes a concern when you’ve got kids at home. Some of the best microwave toaster oven models have been reported to catch fire while the glass doors on some others have exploded.
So you’ll want to check the reviews of users who have tried and tested these models to see if it’s safe for you to use such an appliance. In addition, some manufacturers add a child lock to their device so your kids won’t be able to open it while it’s working.
|oduct||Cooking functions||Size and capacity||Power||Ease of use||Ease of cleaning||Safety features|
|Breville BOV800XL Smart Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ||5/5||4/5||5/5||4/5||3/5||4/5|
|Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN686S with Inverter Technology and Genius Sensor||4/5||3/5||4/5||5/5||4/5||5/5|
|BLACK+DECKER TO3240XSBD Convection Countertop Toaster Oven||3/5||3/5||3/5||3/5||3/5||3/5|
|Nostalgia RMO4AQ Retro Large Toaster Oven||2/5||3/5||2/5||2/5||2/5||2/5|
|COSORI CO130-AO Countertop Air Fryer Toaster Oven with Rotisserie and Dehydrator||5/5||4/5||5/5||4/5||4/5||4/5|
|Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Oven Air Fryer||4/5||3/5||4/5||4/5||3/5||4/5|
|Panasonic FlashXpress NBG110P Compact Toaster Oven with Double Infrared Heating||3/5||2/5||3/5||5/5||4/5||5/5|
Video: Best Toaster Oven Microwave Combo
Why Trust Kitchen Infinity?
Our writers and reviewers thoroughly research every aspect of kitchen appliances or home improvement products so you can make a well-informed decision when investing in these products. We evaluate top quality products from several brands within budget friendly price ranges and contrast consumer reviews, surveys, satisfaction forms, brand performance, and annual appliance rankings. We go to great lengths to ensure that your next buy is worth every penny!
Kristina is an expert DIY home remodeler and mom to three. When she's not cooking or experimenting with new recipes, you can find her working on new home improvement projects or writing about her favorite kitchen appliances or DIY projects on Kitchen Infinity blog.