Under Cabinet Toaster Oven: Buyers Guide + The Best 8 Products in 2023
- by Ben James
- Last Updated: April 11, 2023
Countertop toaster ovens tend to take up too much valuable space in the kitchen. Plus it can make the kitchen counter look a bit disorganized.
The coolest solution to saving your kitchen and counter space is getting an under cabinet toaster oven.
Regardless of your family size and cooking needs, we’ve highlighted the best under cabinet toaster ovens in 2023.
Our Top Under Cabinet Toaster Oven Picks
- 1. Editor's Choice - Ninja SP101
- 2. Best Value - Breville BOV450XL
- 3. Best Budget - Oster
- 4. Best Countertop - Calphalon
- 5. Best LED Display - Cuisinart Chef’s Convection
Jump to Section
The 8 Best Under Cabinet Toaster Ovens
Here’s a little caveat before we take a deep dive into exploring the best under counter toaster ovens.
These products can produce a lot of heat. So it’s advisable you leave a vertical and horizontal space of at least 4 inches before installing any of the best under cabinet toaster ovens.
1. Ninja SP101 Foodi 8-in-1 Digital Air Fry Convection Oven
- Can be stored vertically when not in use to save counter space
- Fits 9 slices of bread, 13” pizza, or 13 x 13” pan
- Modifiable browning activity
- Has 8 cooking functions – Toast, Bagel, Air Fry, Bake, Air Roast, Dehydrate, Air Broil, and Keep Warm
- One of the top-rated counter toaster ovens on Amazon.
The Foodi Ninja SP101 convection toaster oven we tested is one of a kind.
First, the compact build of this oven frees up space on your countertop by taking up 50% less space than most other ovens.
Secondly, this 1800-watt under cabinet toaster oven uses Digital Crisp Control Technology to control the temperature and convection fan speed to achieve optimum cooking results. The airflow and heat source within the cavity is also controlled so foods are cooked and crisped evenly.
With this appliance, you can easily apply the toast settings time, temperature, and function. The Foodi Ninja features an impressive 8 distinctive functions;
- Air fry makes your fried items 75% less fatty without deep frying.
- Air roast cooks your meal 60% faster than regular ovens.
- Toast and Bagel which allows you to choose how brown you want your meal to be.
- Dehydrate and Keep Warm function keeps your food warm and fresh.
- And then you’ve got the Bake and Air Broil functions.
But that’s not all.
This kitchen gadget has got a removable crumb tray that makes it easy to clean. And the back panel can also be removed for easier and deeper cleaning. All the accessories that come with this countertop equipment can be easily cleaned with a damp cloth.
The accessories that come with the Foodi Ninja convection oven include a removable tray, an air fryer basket, a 13 x 13” non-stick sheet pan, and a chrome-plated cooking wire rack. The wire rack allows for the flow of air and quick cooling.
The Ninja SP101 Foodi 8-in-1 Digital Air Fry Convection Oven and the Breville BOV450XL are both compact and versatile under cabinet toaster ovens. The Ninja SP101 offers 8-in-1 cooking functions, including air frying, roasting, and baking. The Breville BOV450XL, on the other hand, features Element IQ technology, which distributes heat evenly throughout the oven.
- The under cabinet toaster oven has got a large interior even if it isn’t tall.
- Great for cooking healthy meals; makes your food 75% less fatty.
- It compact size makes it save countertop space up to 50%.
- The 1800-watt toaster oven cooks food very fast yielding crispy results.
- Comes with a fair number of accessories.
- It's got simple digital controls.
- The Convection, Dehydrate, and Air Fry functions are the standout features.
- Not tall enough to fit big roast like turkeys, chicken rotisserie, and casseroles.
2. Breville BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven with Element IQ
- 8 built-in cooking functions – Toast, Pizza, Bagel, Broil, Cookies, Roast, Bake, and Reheat
- Capacity for 4 slices of bread or 12” pizza
- LCD that shows the cooking time
- Smart element IQ heating technology
- Non-sticky cavity coating.
This toaster oven isn’t called “Smart” because the makers felt like hyping their product.
This under cabinet toaster oven we tried out automatically regulates the temperature depending on what you’re cooking. How smart is that?!
Furthermore, the smart IQ element evenly transfers heat across the 4 quartz elements so your snack toasts and browns evenly.
And with its 8 pre-programmed functions, you can use it to cook just about any snack. These smart functions are easy to operate and also suggest to you the optimal time and temperature for cooking. Plus this 1800-watt kitchen appliance heats up real quick so you’re not left hungry for long.
This cooking equipment has also got a pull-out crumb tray and the interior is designed with a non-sticky cavity coating: both of which make the oven easy to clean. And the removable toasting rack can be adjusted to three different positions to fit the size of your meal.
There are more outstanding features of the Breville BOV450XL toaster oven.
The smart features outlined here make it one of the best under cabinet toaster ovens to have in your kitchen. For example, comparing the Breville BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven with Element IQ and the Oster Digital Convection Toaster Oven, both convection toaster ovens that offer multiple cooking functions. The Oster Digital Convection Toaster Oven is slightly larger than the Breville and has a digital control panel.
- Memorizes your settings so you don’t have to input new settings when cooking the same food.
- Can accommodate 11-inch pizza (this is more than what can fit in the Black and Decker Spacemaker).
- Has a backlit LCD screen that shows the cooking time (orange for pre-heating and cooking, and blue for cooked).
- After a short period, the mini smart under counter toaster oven shuts off automatically after cooking.
- Its compact size also saves you countertop space.
- Plus the anti-skid legs make it a good feature on top of your kitchen cabinet.
- The exterior gets very hot which can also affect its surrounding.
- Needs a clearance of 4 inches or more on every side.
- You may get uneven results after toasting.
- Offers a 1-year limited warranty.
3. Oster Digital Convection Toaster Oven
- 1300 watts
- Large interior that can fit 6 slices of toast or a 12-inch pizza
- Convection technology
- Digital control with 7 pre-programmed settings
- Comes with accessories
On Amazon, this is the most reviewed toaster, and there are a couple of reasons for that.
First, this compact oven looks sleek and has a stylish design like that of a microwave. But it’s got a capacity of 6 toast slices or a 12-inch pizza. This makes it a contender for the best under cabinet toaster oven.
This equipment comes with 7 preset settings that will allow you to cook most foods conveniently. More so, the crumb tray makes it easy to clean. The rack is also dishwasher safe.
And this gadget we evaluated is easy to use as it features a button and digital screen that indicates the time, setting, and temperature of the cooking.
This moderately-priced model also has an interior light to enable you to see what you’re cooking. And finally, it comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
Compared to the last two models we tried out, the Breville BOV450XL and Oster Digital Convection Toaster Oven, the Oster Digital Convection Toaster Oven is also a convection toaster oven that offers multiple cooking functions and has a cool-touch exterior for added safety.
- It features only one button for ease of operation.
- The under-cabinet toaster has got a stylish design that’ll accent any kitchen counter it sits on.
- There‘s a digital screen that makes it intuitive to use.
- Its 7 presets make it suitable for easily cooking a wide variety of food.
- With time, the buttons become difficult to press.
4. Calphalon Performance Cool Touch Countertop Toaster Oven
- Digital control
- 12 preset functions – Toast, Bake, Reheat, Dehydrate, Bagel, Pizza, Warm, Cookies, Roast, Defrost, Broil, and Bread Proof.
- Non-sticky interior.
- 75% cooler exterior.
- Capacity for 6 slices of bread or 12” pizza.
- Comes with accessories.
The Calphalon cool touch toaster oven has got some awesome features that make it rank among the best under cabinet toaster ovens.
First, this 1400-watt oven heats food with more power and delivers fantastic toasting results by increasing the amount of hot air circulating the cavity.
Second, it uses an innovative quartz heating technology to equally distribute heat within the oven and preheat and cook your dish evenly. It’s also got 12 built-in functions for convenient cooking.
And despite the interior heat, the handle and surface of the cool-touch exterior stay relatively cool; 75% cooler than the previous models. And you can select your desired cooking temperature, time, and function with a touch-screen button. Fantastic!
There are other amazing features of the Calphalon Cool Touch under counter toaster oven.
The cool touch makes it a piece of fantastic cooking equipment to have under your kitchen counter. The Calphalon Performance Cool Touch Countertop Toaster Oven and the Cuisinart Chef’s Convection Toaster Oven are both convection toaster ovens with multiple cooking functions. However, the Calphalon has a cool-touch exterior, while the Cuisinart features a spacious interior with a non-stick coating.
- The toaster oven has got an interior with a non-sticky ergonomic design and a pull-out crumb tray for easy cleaning.
- Contains 2 rack positions to fit large or small sizes of items.
- The Step-cook function can conveniently help you bake and broil your dish with one setting.
- It comes with accessories such as a baking pan, wire rack, dehydrate basket, crumb tray, and a 12-inch pizza pan.
- The turbo convection setting acts as an air fryer.
- It doesn’t pose much of a potential fire hazard as compared to other models.
- The appliance has got a glass door that allows you to monitor the progress of your food.
- And the time and temperature are displayed on the LCD screen.
- Its temperature ranges from 90 degrees to 450 degrees.
- Comes with a 3-year warranty.
- This gadget is a pretty tall toaster oven (15.8” tall). However, it can still comfortably fit under the kitchen cabinet.
- The internal light only stays on for a while.
5. Cuisinart Chef’s Convection Toaster Oven
- 15 pre-programmed functions
- Fits 9 slices of bread or a 13” pizza, or a 9 x 13” baking sheet.
- LED display
- Comes with accessories; a pan, a 13” pizza stone, and 2 racks
- Interior light
This is a budget-friendly toaster model we evaluated with great qualities like the Breville.
First, it’s easy to use and has got the perfect size to feed a standard family. Secondly, it comes with 15 preset functions that aren’t complex. Instead, it will allow you to cook just about anything you’ll love to cook.
The Cuisinart Chef’s oven also has a removable tray that makes cleaning the equipment a breeze. The interior light and transparent door make it possible for you to see the progress of what is cooking.
Plus there’s an LED screen that displays the function, time, and temperature of the cooking. And with the push of one button, you can activate the settings necessary to cook your dish.
And it also comes with some accessories to help you in your cooking. Finally, it is moderately priced. The Cuisinart Chef’s Convection Toaster Oven and the Ninja SP101 Foodi 8-in-1 Digital Air Fry Convection Oven are both versatile and offer multiple cooking functions. However, the Ninja SP101 offers air frying capabilities and has a slightly smaller interior than the Cuisinart. Both models have digital displays and are ideal for undercabinet use.
- Its 15 pre-programmed settings and LED screen make it easy and intuitive to operate.
- It’s got great size to feed a mid-sized family.
- It's easy to clean.
- It comes with compatible accessories.
- The quality of the exterior seems to be a challenge for many users.
- It is not insulated.
- The labels on the buttons wear off easily.
6. De’Longhi Livenza Air Fry Digital Convection Oven
- Digital control panel
- Scratch-resistant cavity
- 9 preset functions – Toast, Bake, Broil, Reheat, Convection, Cookies, and Pizza.
- Digital control panel
- Comes with 5 accessories
- Stainless steel exterior
- Insulated double glass
One special feature of this 1800-watt counter toaster oven we tested is the innovative power convection technology it uses to distribute hot air around the cavity to cook food.
The convection fan and cooking elements cook and brown food equally from the inside out making it crispy and free of fats. The under cabinet toaster also saves time by preheating up to 60% faster than regular ovens.
The internal cavity of this De’Longhi Livenza is scratch-resistant and easy to clean because of its non-sticky coating. It’s also got a heat lock system that keeps heat locked in the toaster oven.
- Impressively, the equipment has got enough room for a whole chicken. It’s easy to operate.
- The kitchen cabinet oven is easy to operate.
- It has three buttons and 2 dial knobs that can be used to set the functions, time, and temperature.
- Its temperature ranges from 175 – 450 degrees Fahrenheit for fast cooking.
- And when your food is done, the kitchen appliance indicates with a bell sound and lights up.
- You can set it to shut off automatically, too.
- The air fryer browns food evenly and makes it less fatty.
- The transparent glass and lighted internal cavity allow you to monitor your cooking.
- It comes with the following accessories; drop-down tray, enamel baking pan, air fryer basket, aluminum pizza tray, and 1 flat rack.
- Their customer service may not be the best to take your complaints.
7. Nuwave Smart Toaster Oven
- Digital control
- LED display that reveals the temperature and time
- Under cabinet mounting to save countertop space
- Three (3) built-in functions in one touch – Bake, Toast, and Keep Warm
- EvenToast technology.
- Rack with drop-down crumb tray.
- Has space to accommodate four (4) slices of toast or a 9” pizza.
- 30-minute timer.
- Built-in cord storage.
When it comes to under counter toaster ovens, the NuWave is indeed in a league of its own.
First, its compact design makes it very versatile. It can be an aesthetic and functional fixture on your countertop and the best under cabinet toaster oven as well.
But as its name implies, it was built to easily fit under the kitchen cabinet (regardless of how small the counter is), RV, and offices that are tight on space.
Operating the NuWave Smart Toaster Oven is a breeze because of its digital controls.
At the push of a button on the control panel, you can bake your homemade bread, pizza, cookies, and other snacks. Not forgetting that this gadget has also got Toast and Keep Warm functions to make your toast and defrost or keep your food warm.
Even though this appliance is compact, it can still feed a small family as 4 slices of bread or a 9” pizza can comfortably fit right in. And the glass door allows you to monitor your cooking.
Other cool features of the NuWave Smart include a 30-minute timer for timed cooking, temperature ranging from 200 – 400 Fahrenheit for fast cooking, an LED display to show the time and temperature, plus toast settings that range from 1-7.
Another impressive feature of this equipment is that it’s super easy to clean. It’s got a drop-down crumb tray that collects breadcrumbs and makes cleaning easier. You can also clean the body of the under cabinet toaster oven with a damp cloth.
And finally, with its innovative EvenToast technology, this toaster oven bakes and browns your toast and pizza evenly.
These exclusive features and more make the NuWave Smart Toaster Oven the best under cabinet toaster oven.
However, there’s a downside to this gadget: It is mountable under cabinet toaster oven which makes its installation quite tricky and probably difficult (depending on the setup of your kitchen cabinet).
But once installed, you’ve got an amazing product sitting in your kitchen.
- Saves a lot of counter space.
- Installation is easy if you’re an experienced DIYer.
- Its cool design adds to the beauty of the kitchen.
- One of the best under counter toaster ovens.
- Offers a 2-year limited warranty.
- Not so easy to install.
- Not enough installation details (however, there are lots of installation tips from customers).
- Suitable for small families.
8. BLACK + DECKER TO1313SBD Toaster oven
- 30-minute timer
- Rapid grill series
- Includes some accessories
- 4 cooking functions and Stay-on function
- Fits 4 slices of toast or a 9” pizza
- Advanced George Tough non-stick coating
At 1150 watts and with the EvenToast technology, this toaster oven we tried out achieves fast results and evenly bakes and browns your toast.
This Black and Decker model has 4 models – toasting, baking, broiling, and warming – that can be switched from one to another during the cooking process at the push of the dial knob. And you can also choose the browning level you desire.
The Black + Decker TO1313SBD is also easy to clean and comes with a removable crumb tray that can be wiped with a damp cloth. The interior cavity is curved to accommodate 4 slices of toast and a 9-inch pizza.
It comes with a baking sheet, a broiler pan, and a tray. And finally, this option is a very affordable model for people looking for a cheap but great-quality brand.
- This 1150-watt toaster oven with its innovative EvenToast technology heats food very fast.
- Browns your food evenly with the option to choose your desired browning level.
- It’s easy to clean and maintain.
- Allows you to change a cooking function to another setting during heating.
- Made up of cheaper materials.
- Small size.
- There are some complaints about fire hazards occurring.
Factors to Consider When Choosing The Best Under Counter Toaster Oven
When you’re trying to find the best under cabinet toaster oven, here’s what you should keep in mind:
Before getting an under counter toaster oven, first, consider the quantity of food you usually cook and how many mouths you cook for.
If you’re cooking for yourself or a family of 4 people or less, a regular toaster oven will suffice. But if you’re feeding a family of 5 or more people, you should go for a wider toaster oven.
Secondly, a larger oven will take up more kitchen space. So if you have a small kitchen then adding an under cabinet toaster might not be your best option. So first measure the space provided under the cabinet before getting your oven.
The more features and functions your kitchen cabinet toaster oven has, the merrier.
However, if you’re basically going to use the oven to heat up leftovers or toast bread, you may not need a lot of preset functions.
But if you cook all sorts of meals (and a lot), an oven with more functions will make your life easier.
Ease of Use and Maintenance
You should also consider how easy it is to use the kitchen gadget.
Models with buttons for built-in functions are more user-friendly and make using the product more fun. And some others are more convenient by allowing you to control the cooking time and temperature.
You should also know how easy it is to clean. Are there edges that will be difficult to reach? Can it be easily cleaned with a damp cloth?
Generally, all electrical appliances consume energy. But some run up the bill more than others.
Larger toaster ovens use up more energy and may not be the right choice if you’ve got a small family. While smaller counter toaster ovens are more energy-efficient but won’t be able to feed a large family size.
So choose wisely.
And last but probably, the most important is how your needs fit your budget.
For example, an expensive one will probably serve you better. But will you use it often? If not, a cheaper option might be a better choice. All of these things you’ll have to decide while planning your kitchen remodel or while buying your kitchen appliances if you’re not going for a full remodel.
Cool Touch Exterior
When your gadget heats up your kitchen space too much, it becomes a menace. And you don’t want that.
While it may be difficult to find one with a cool-touch exterior, there are a few insulated products like the Calphalon toaster with thick exteriors. They can keep a great amount of heat in. So also consider how much of a disturbance the external heat production will be for you.
|Best Under Cabinet Toaster Oven||Size||Features||Ease of use and maintenance||Energy consumption||Budget||Cool touch exterior|
|Ninja SP101 Foodi 8-in-1 Digital Air Fry Convection Oven||4/5||5/5||4/5||3/5||3/5||3/5|
|Breville BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven with Element IQ||5/5||4/5||5/5||4/5||3/5||3/5|
|Oster Digital Convection Toaster Oven||4/5||4/5||4/5||3/5||4/5||3/5|
|Calphalon Performance Cool Touch Countertop Toaster Oven||3/5||4/5||4/5||3/5||3/5||5/5|
|Cuisinart Chef’s Convection Toaster Oven||4/5||4/5||4/5||3/5||3/5||3/5|
|De’Longhi Livenza Air Fry Digital Convection Oven||4/5||4/5||4/5||3/5||4/5||4/5|
|Nuwave Smart Toaster Oven||3/5||3/5||4/5||4/5||3/5||3/5|
|BLACK + DECKER TO1313SBD Toaster oven||3/5||3/5||4/5||3/5||5/5||2/5|
FAQs on The Best Under Cabinet Toaster Oven
What are the advantages of having a toaster oven under the counter?
Having an under counter toaster oven has several advantages, like saving counter space, being quickly accessible, and giving your kitchen a contemporary, streamlined appearance. As they may be put at a height that prevents accidents, they can also be a safer option than conventional toaster ovens.
What characteristics should I look for in an under-counter toaster oven?
Size, capacity, kind of oven (convection, air fry, etc.), ease of use and maintenance, energy consumption and efficiency, price, and safety features, such as a cool-touch exterior, are all things to think about when looking for an under counter toaster oven.
How do I set up a toaster oven under the counter?
Depending on the model and manufacturer, installation procedures and specifications may change. While some would need a professional installer, others can be set up by a friend or relative. To ensure that it is installed correctly and safely, always refer to the manufacturer’s instructions and guidelines.
How do I clean a toaster oven that is under the counter?
For cleaning advice and procedures, always refer to the manufacturer’s instructions. The majority only require a moist cloth and a little detergent, while some can include detachable components that can be cleaned individually. The crumb tray needs to be cleaned frequently to avoid accumulation and potential fire dangers.
How much do under-counter toaster ovens cost on average?
Depending on the brand, features, and size, under-counter toaster oven prices can vary. These can cost anything between $50 and $500 or more. Before making a purchase, it’s critical to take your demands and budget into account. Spend some time reading reviews, comparing pricing, and researching various models to locate the ideal under-counter toaster oven that suits your needs and budget.
Conclusion on The Best Under Cabinet Toaster Oven
If you love your kitchen looking neat and spacious, the under counter toaster oven will be a great choice for you.
And with the fantastic features of those highlighted in this article, you’ll be able to cook those side dishes conveniently, and save time, space, and electricity.
Why Trust Kitchen Infinity?
Our writers and reviewers thoroughly research every aspect of kitchen appliances or home improvement products so you can make a well-informed decision when investing in these products. We evaluate top quality products from several brands within budget friendly price ranges and contrast consumer reviews, surveys, satisfaction forms, brand performance, and annual appliance rankings. We go to great lengths to ensure that your next buy is worth every penny!
Ben is an experienced content writer with a passion for kitchen remodeling. He loves writing about latest kitchen designs & trends so that he can educate our readers make the best decisions possible when it comes to kitchens.