There are few areas of the home where illumination matters more than in the kitchen. The quality of light fixtures you choose for your kitchen ceiling not only plays a role in creating the right ambiance, but also in making it easier and safer to prepare your meals.
Not sure where to begin in your search for the light you need? In this guide, we will introduce you to different types of kitchen lights, current trends, and top recommended LED products.
Top Recommended Kitchen Ceiling Light Fixtures
1. Drosbey 36W LED Ceiling Light Fixture
The Drosbey 36W LED Ceiling Light Fixture is a flush mount ceiling light that can illuminate around 100-150 square feet. Have a compact galley-style kitchen? Just one of these flush mount light fixtures may offer you all the bright light you need. For a larger kitchen, you might consider getting several.
What is the Best Lighting for a Kitchen Ceiling?
Before we jump into the product recommendations we have in store, let’s go over popular types of kitchen lights so you are familiar with some of the categories that are on the market.
Types of Kitchen Lights
- Track lights: A track lighting system features lights along a track. It is fast and easy to install track lighting since the wiring for all the lights runs through the track.
- Flush mount kitchen lights: A light flush against the kitchen ceiling is a “flush mount” light. This kind of light is ideal in places with a low ceiling height.
- Pendant lighting: A pendant light is a light that hangs from ceilings on a chain or rod. It can bring aesthetic charm to a room and is useful for illuminating an island or table.
- Recessed lighting: This kind of ceiling lighting is recessed into the ceiling itself.
- LED fixtures: Track lights, flush mount lights, pendant lamps, and other lights can all include energy-efficient LED bulbs. This type of bulb conserves power and cuts costs.
What’s Trending in Kitchen Lighting?
Aiming for a kitchen look that is modern and up-to-date? Some choices that are trending now include oversized fixtures, chandeliers, spotlights, zone lighting, flush mount lighting, bronze fixtures and go for closet lighting for your cabinets to complete the look. But the best look for your kitchen is one that suits your home decor and provides the brightness you need for your space.
What to Consider When Choosing Kitchen Ceiling Lights
While there are many quality products out there, different choices are ideal for different needs. Here are some things to think about when you are choosing kitchen lighting solutions.
- The layout of your space: Account for how high or low your ceiling is, how large or small your kitchen is, and its overall configuration.
- Purpose: You will need diffused overhead lighting for your entire kitchen. But you also might need focused support lighting over your countertop or kitchen island.
- Energy efficiency: LED fixtures can help you keep your lighting costs low and prevent you from needing to change bulbs often. By using LED technology, you also protect the environment.
- Color temperature: Decide whether you prefer a warm or cool glow in your kitchen. Choose LED lights that give your room the ambiance you want.
- Style: Different kinds of lighting have different aesthetic effects, as do various fixtures. Are you aiming for rustic? Modern? Industrial? Whatever you are going for, there is an option out there that will be just the thing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Recessed or flushed mount lighting can help you save space while providing plenty of illumination in a small room.
That is totally your choice. Some people prefer cool light to work by for reasons of contrast. But others feel warmer light suits rooms like the kitchen better. It may also interest you to know that warm light is preferable for a chef with migraines.
Get the Practical and Stylish Kitchen Lighting You Need
Now you are familiar with some different lighting options you can consider for the ceiling in your kitchen. Ready to get the lighting you need for your place? Click on any of the links in this article to purchase your choice of elegant, efficient, high-quality kitchen ceiling lighting.
Why Trust Kitchen Infinity?
Our writers and reviewers thoroughly research every aspect of kitchen appliances or home improvement products so you can make a well-informed decision when investing in these products. We evaluate top quality products from several brands within budget friendly price ranges and contrast consumer reviews, surveys, satisfaction forms, brand performance, and annual appliance rankings. We go to great lengths to ensure that your next buy is worth every penny!
Dino is a lifelong writer and home improvement specialist. He enjoys bringing cutting-edge information on home renovation and remodeling to Kitchen Infinity.