There are few areas of the home where illumination matters more than in the kitchen. The quality of light fixtures you choose for your kitchen ceiling not only plays a role in creating the right ambiance, but also in making it easier and safer to prepare your meals.
Not sure where to begin in your search for the light you need? In this guide, we will introduce you to different types of kitchen lights, current trends, and top recommended LED products.
What is the Best Lighting for a Kitchen Ceiling?
Before we jump into the product recommendations we have in store, let’s go over popular types of kitchen lights so you are familiar with some of the categories that are on the market.
Types of Kitchen Lights
- Track lights: A track lighting system features lights along a track. It is fast and easy to install track lighting since the wiring for all the lights runs through the track.
- Flush mount kitchen lights: A light flush against the kitchen ceiling is a “flush mount” light. This kind of light is ideal in places with a low ceiling height.
- Pendant lighting: A pendant light is a light that hangs from ceilings on a chain or rod. It can bring aesthetic charm to a room and is useful for illuminating an island or table.
- Recessed lighting: This kind of ceiling lighting is recessed into the ceiling itself.
- LED fixtures: Track lights, flush mount lights, pendant lamps, and other lights can all include energy-efficient LED bulbs. This type of bulb conserves power and cuts costs.
What's Trending in Kitchen Lighting?
Aiming for a kitchen look that is modern and up-to-date? Some choices that are trending now include oversized fixtures, chandeliers, spotlights, zone lighting, flush mount lighting, and bronze fixtures. But the best look for your kitchen is one that suits your home decor and provides the brightness you need for your space.
What to Consider When Choosing Kitchen Ceiling Lights
While there are many quality products out there, different choices are ideal for different needs. Here are some things to think about when you are choosing kitchen lighting solutions.
- The layout of your space: Account for how high or low your ceiling is, how large or small your kitchen is, and its overall configuration.
- Purpose: You will need diffused overhead lighting for your entire kitchen. But you also might need focused support lighting over your countertop or kitchen island.
- Energy efficiency: LED fixtures can help you keep your lighting costs low and prevent you from needing to change bulbs often. By using LED technology, you also protect the environment.
- Color temperature: Decide whether you prefer a warm or cool glow in your kitchen. Choose LED lights that give your room the ambiance you want.
- Style: Different kinds of lighting have different aesthetic effects, as do various fixtures. Are you aiming for rustic? Modern? Industrial? Whatever you are going for, there is an option out there that will be just the thing.
Top Recommended Kitchen Ceiling Light Fixtures
1. Drosbey 36W LED Ceiling Light Fixture
The Drosbey 36W LED Ceiling Light Fixture is a flush mount ceiling light that can illuminate around 100-150 square feet. Have a compact galley-style kitchen? Just one of these flush mount light fixtures may offer you all the bright light you need. For a larger kitchen, you might consider getting several.
- 3200 lumens
- 5000K daylight white
- 30,000 hour lifespan
- 36W per LED
- Setup is fast and easy, and mounting hardware is included.
- The sleek, elegant design of the LED lights melds well with a wide variety of decorative styles.
- The energy-efficient LEDs can last up to a decade, and the company backs them with a 6-year free replacement or refund guarantee.
- You may need some additional mounting hardware for the LED lights beyond what comes in the package.
- The materials for this flush mount lighting system are cheap plastic and metal, but the price is right.
2. XiNBEi Lighting Track Lighting
This track lighting product features an appealing modern design with soft curves. You can use LED, CFL, halogen or incandescent bulbs.
- W: 25-5/8″ x H: 6-3/8″
- Three lamps
- Brushed nickel finish
- Alabaster glass
- Use 60 watt bulbs
- You can mount this track lighting LED product on a ceiling or wall.
- You can choose whichever variety of bulb you want since there is wide compatibility.
- The sleek modern light design should integrate well no matter your décor.
- Occasionally, one of these fixtures ships out missing a light shade.
3. Amico 12-Pack 6 Inch 5CCT Ultra-Thin LED Recessed Ceiling Lighting
If you want recessed LED lighting, it is hard to go wrong with this LED 12-pack.
- Color temperatures: 2700K, 3000K, 3500K, 4000K, 5000K
- 12 LED recessed fixtures
- ETL & Energy Star-certified
- 5-year warranty
- Setup is fast and easy, even if you are a beginner.
- You can raise or lower the brightness of each LED.
- With many options for color temperature, you can pick exactly what you want for your kitchen and other rooms where you install this LED ceiling lighting.
- This LED item’s warranty lasts longer than most.
- The LED connectors sometimes arrive warped or damaged, but this is seldom the case.
4. Mzithen Mid Century Modern Light
This light is worth considering if you are after a pendant that brings a lot of aesthetic interest to your kitchen lighting.
- 8-inch diameter (other sizes available)
- Adjustable height
- Compatible with LED, halogen, CFL, incandescent, or color-changing bulbs
- Where you place it does matter because it hangs down, but the adjustable height makes it ideal for ceilings that are high or low.
- Each fixture can be dimmed or raised for as much or little light as you want.
- A stunning light like this can complement any décor. You might even want to buy more for other areas of your house.
- Sometimes the coating has bubbles, but this is rare. Usually it is very smooth.
5. CO-Z Modern Industrial Small Light
Next in our list of lights ideal for the kitchen or other areas of your home is this pendant light that features an industrial style.
- Use with E26 sockets Type A
- Compatible with an LED or incandescent bulb
- 60 Watt maximum
- Matte black finish
- The industrial design of this light makes for a beautiful addition to your kitchen or other places in your house regardless of your decor.
- Wherever you place these fixtures, they will bring a lot of bright illumination to the different areas of your kitchen.
- It is possible for this light to arrive broken when you order it from an online store. But usually, the light will arrive intact.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the best lighting for a small kitchen?
A: Recessed or flushed mount lighting can help you save space while providing plenty of illumination in a small room.
Q: Is soft white or daylight better for a kitchen?
A: That is totally your choice. Some people prefer cool light to work by for reasons of contrast. But others feel warmer light suits rooms like the kitchen better. It may also interest you to know that warm light is preferable for a chef with migraines.
Get the Practical and Stylish Kitchen Lighting You Need
Now you are familiar with some different lighting options you can consider for the ceiling in your kitchen. Ready to get the lighting you need for your place? Click on any of the links in this article to purchase your choice of elegant, efficient, high-quality kitchen ceiling lighting.